Friday, November 5, 2004

What to do what to do

The lefty blogs are of two minds. They are either still under their desks in fetal positions sobbing


Waaaahhhhhhh! We lost! We're all gonna die! I hate the rest of America they are all stupid and baddddddd!wahhhhhhhhhh!We loooossssttt! Everybody hates me, nobody loves me I think I'll go eat worms! Waaaaahhhhhhhhhh! We're all gonna get drafted and dieeeeeeeeee! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Hateful, hateful bigots! Mean people suck! waahhhhhhhhhhhh! sooooobbbbbbbbbb! Everything is lost, lost I tell you! The world is coming to an end! wahhhhhhhhhhhhh! What's going to happen to ussssssssssss! sooooobbbbbbbbb waaahhhhh!!!Waaaahhhhhhh! We lost! We're all gonna die! I hate the rest of America they are all stupid and baddddddd!wahhhhhhhhhh!we loooossssttt! Everybody hates me, nobody loves me I think I'll go eat worms! Waaaaahhhhhhhhhh! We're all gonna get drafted and dieeeeeeeeee! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! hateful, hateful bigots! mean people suck! waahhhhhhhhhhhh! sooooobbbbbbbbbb! Everything is lost, lost I tell you! the world is coming to an end! wahhhhhhhhhhhhh! What's going to happen to ussssssssssss! sooooobbbbbbbbb waaahhhhh!!!

which I feel, totally. Crying is good, sobbing is good. Crawling under your desk or into your dogs crate are okay. Its natural to feel this way and the only way through it is to do it. Experience the emotion and let it all out. The sobbing alone is good for you, painful and not pretty - but still, good for you. Its important to let it all out. Do it, be sad.

On the other hand there are the lefty sites that have embraced the hate


Hate, Hate, Hate, Hate George Bush is the antichrist! He is the spawn of the devil and he is going to take this county to hell! Conspiracy theory! Vote fraud! Voter intimidation! Armed revolt!Conspiracy theory! Vote fraud! Voter intimidation! Conspiracy theories! Vote fraud! Voter intimidation! Armed revolt!Conspiracy theory! Vote fraud! Voter intimidation!Conspiracy theory! Vote fraud! Voter intimidation! Armed revolt!Conspiracy theory! Vote fraud! Voter intimidation! Conspiracy theory! Vote fraud! Voter intimidation! Armed revolt!Conspiracy theory! Vote fraud! Voter intimidation!Conspiracy theory! Vote fraud! Voter intimidation! Armed revolt!Conspiracy theory! Vote fraud! Voter intimidation! Conspiracy theories! Vote fraud! Voter intimidation! Armed revolt!Conspiracy theory! Vote fraud! Voter intimidation!Conspiracy theory! Vote fraud! Voter intimidation! Armed revolt!Conspiracy theory! Vote fraud! Voter intimidation! Conspiracy theory! Vote fraud! Voter intimidation! Armed revolt!Conspiracy theory! Vote fraud! Voter intimidation Hate, Hate, Hate,Hate


I feel this too. If I had opened my wallet as wide as some people I would be even more furious than I am now and I'm mad as hell. I hate Shrub with the fire of a thousand suns. He is the anti-Christ. But, this is not helpful either. It's exhausting and it leads to burn out. You can't and shouldn't keep up this level of ire. It doesn't help and it doesn't heal.

Nothing has changed. literally, nothing. It's the same place as it was Tuesday morning. If you were all hot to change things, go forth and change things. The same shit is still going on, there is no need to regroup, rethink, redo - keep on doing what you were doing before if you believed in the cause then keep believing. Keep up the phone calls, and emails and petition signing. Just keep moving. Not a damn thing is different today then it was last week at this time. Bad guys doing bad things, stop them! Keep being the good guy, keep up the pressure. We have to stop crying, stop shrieking and get back to working.

No comments: