Monday, December 20, 2004

Let is snow, let is snow let it STOP

As I write this it is trying to snow. Its ben working itself up all day to this. It started off more or less sunny and not even all that cold. Then it started to spit on us, but not like it really meant it, more like it was on the phone and its mother was bitching at it to start raining but it was sitting in silence holding the phone to its ear “talking” to its girlfriend and it was really busy and not interested in raining on anything.

It isn’t snowing yet, but it looks like it could if it would get off the damn phone and help out around the house more. I know this sky. This is the sky I grew up with, that didn’t actual snow on us but always looked like it could, if it wasn’t 45 degrees outside and if we lived somewhere else and it was below freezing and there was snow forecast. It would certainly be snowing.

I had to take time out of my busy schedule of flipping through the channels to do the laundry and fill the dishwasher and bringing the vacuum into the kitchen so that later on I could vacuum up the dry stuffing I spilled on the kitchen floor at lunch -so I was much more useful today then I had any business being.

That’s not even counting going to the dollar store and Wal-Mart.

I was going to wrap a thing for my nice neighbors. I had the paper out to wrap it and needed scissors it came to my attention that I didn’t know where the scissors were and it was occurring to me that I ran out of tape last night so I couldn’t wrap it and I still have things to wrap and I can’t do any of them until I find the scissors and go buy tape. So I looked for the scissors and couldn’t find them, and I said “How did I wrap that thing last night if I didn’t have scissors? Well, I didn’t use scissors, because the paper came in sheets and I only needed one sheet and so I didn’t use the scissors at all. But now, I was out of tape and I couldn’t find the scissors and I really needed them and I wanted to make a copy of my spare key.

I made a trip out for tape and scissers, I went to this new dollar store I found, its in the Wal-Mart parking lot and its nice for a dollar store. I found the scissors but I couldn’t find the tape. They had tape but it was in a combo pack with packing tape and it didn’t look like there was much tape in either, so I had to wander around looking for tape. Since this is a new dollar store there was a helpful attendant who directed me to the tape, but it was the tape I all ready knew about. The helpful attendant pointed out that the tape I really wanted was there but it was on a higher shelf and it was almost gone. The attendant rescued my tape for me and I was off. I hope the helpful attendant wasn’t looking for a tip, because I left for the Wal-Mart.

I was going to get a duplicate of the key that I had assumed I had been using as a spare for the car. It looked like my car key, I was pretty sure it opened the car and I found it in a pocket so I was pretty sure this must be The Key. I even put it back in its hiding place before I decided that I would get it copied.

After waiting for days in line, I get up to the front give them my key and wait for them to do their Key Thing.

Me - Here is my key.

Them - Is this for a Nissan?

Me - No, its for a Dodge minivan.

Them - Are you sure?

Me - I used to drive a Nissan, but now I drive a Dodge minivan. The key is for the minivan.

Them - This is for a Nissan.

Me - No, its for my van. A Dodge.

Them - It’s a Nissan key.

Me - DAMN.

I went out to the car to open it withe the spare key, because those frauds at Wal-Mart don’t know from keys.

They know Nissan Keys from Dodge keys.

No comments: