Thursday, December 9, 2004

Making her list

“And checking it twice and then losing it and forgetting what she was supposed to do and making her list again and deciding the lost list had more things on it and trying to remember what those things were since they were obviously important enough to make the list in the first place and then second guessing herself ad invinitum…”

Man, how does Santa do this every year? It must be the elves. I need an elf.

So many things so little daylight to do them in. Its this time of year I really wish I had a treadmill for the Dogger. I could plug her in and then go run my errands. I’m sure she would be totally down with that. Or not. She would probably pee on it and make a mess or be scared of it and refuse to go near it. She is such a luditte. I try to introduce her to new technologies and she totally refuses to integrate them into her life style. If she was open to new things, with her cooperation, I could have taught her to use the toilet or a least a box, like the cat. But nooooooooo.

So this leads me to a Sophie’s Choice kind of place. But instead of choosing between children I’m forced to choose between taking Dogger on a walk and thus saving my sanity later in the evening, or going and mailing Christmas gifts to family and friends before the post office closes. The PO closes about the same time that Dogger and I need to hit the road and go for our walk; I can’t be two places at once. I could take Dogger with me to the PO, and then walk her around there after I finish up but the sun goes down around twenty after five and I don’t really want to be out walking around in the near dark. Dogger is afraid of the dark under the best circumstances and I don’t want her to get all riled up. I also don’t want to try to pick up dog poop in the dark.

Today’s list includes

1. Mailing dog cookies to kith and kin.
2. Finding a Hallmark with the ornaments I found online.
3. Wrapping and then mailing those to BFFs at home.
4. Finally putting the lights up around my front door because it’s on with the neighbors across the way, they keep adding lights and I have to protect my rep as the light show on our street.
5. Finally putting the ornaments on the tree, the all ready up and lit tree! Go me!.
6. Going to the store and picking up cat dust.
7. Deciding what I’m taking with me to see the parents this weekend
8. Packing above.

I mean the only good thing is my TV show does come on until 10pm, so I have all evening to get these done.

I have given my self one break though. I am not going to cook, bake, or otherwise build from scratch any food for the Holiday Party on Monday. I am going to bring bread. I’m going to go to Sams and buy a bag o’rolls and that is going to be my donation to the lunch. I’m not going to worry myself about bringing homemade food for these people.

I also at some point have to wrap those peoples gifts and make out cards for the also ran’s. Then remember to bring the gifts and cards, gift cookies, and rolls with me to work on Monday. I think I’m going to need to make another list.

No comments: