Friday, December 17, 2004

Winter Blahs

The Weather outsider is frightful. It's cold and getting colder and some people at work are saying that the TV said it was going to snow over the weekend. These are Church going people. They should know better than to cuss like that.

I don't want to hear about any snow. I suppose it doesn't matter, all my outdoor plants died the other night. This was after they spent the night better protected from the cold than the average homeless person. I came out the next day and was shocked! "What do you mean being dead? , I protected you! I put my towels over you, out here where they can get slugs on them for you! And you then you still die? Bastards!"

Really pissed me off. They lived though the first really cold night but didn't have the stamina to make it through the next one. Losers. I suppose that the hydrangea is not really all that dead, but now I have to cut it back and I'm pretty sure that the pansies are really dead and need to be pulled up. They were really pretty for a long time and they then just died. Weak willed flowers, they don't call pansies pancy's for nothing.

I went out there in the dark and cold in my PJs to look after the little bastards and how to they pay me back for my attention? By dieing and forcing me to be out there this weekend in the probable snow pulling their dead selves out of the ground. I really am not looking forward to being cold as well as muddy. Thanks Plants!

Dogger is also working my nerves.

I think I have explained at length how everyday I rush home from work, change my clothes and rush back out with her so she can get her exercise and be all happy (because when she doesn't get her exersice? I get unhappy). We go to ball field and I hurry up and throw the ball for her. It's a quicky way to make up for her usual walk, which we can't do anymore now that it gets dark by you know, Noon... I have a bag in the car with her Chuck It toy, tennis balls, plastic bags, an extra leash and dog cookies; but, Dogger doesn't want to fetch the ball anymore. Dogger wants to sniff the air and trot all over the field looking for invisible somethings. I don't know what it is she thinks she's going to find, but there is nothing there. The only thing I can think of that she might be looking for is the over head lights. There are some in the parking lot and she may have never noticed them until they started to turn on. She seems to be paying attention to the planes and helicopters flying overhead. She's more interested in the basketball players then she is when it's warmer. She just will not pay attention to the ball.

I tug on her collar and jump around and get all excited Ball! Dogger! Look! Ball! Yay! Look! and act like the Chick It is going to bring about World Peace and she just looks at me. I throw the ball Look! Ball! for her and she starts to sniff the air and contiune her search for Jimmy Hoffa. I have gotten very good at finding tennis balls in the dark. I am better at it then she is. Go Me. I go to the park to throw the ball for myself.

Dogger thinks she's a scent hound now. She isn't any such thing. She has no idea what she is smelling and no clue as to where it is. I finally took her all around the outside of the ball field and all over the rec center grounds and I couldn't find anything lying around throwing off smell. Dogger was making like the kids from The Family Circus, I was half expecting to find a dead squirrel or cat or even the fox or, maybe something the fox started on and they got scared away from - carrion, a dirty diaper, a bumcicle something that could be making Dogger all of a sudden Dogger Drew, Girl Dog Detective. The mystery continues.

No comments: