Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Deep Sigh

The tree is packed up in its box and the box is back to guarding the attic from the infidels, the last left over, forgotten, rolled under the couch, ornament is back with its brothers and the vacuum is coated with a fine grit of sparkles and crushed plastic pine “needles”. Christmas is over. Sigh.

Now that all of that is behind me its time to get all exited about… the January white sales? Certainly not that feast of conspicuous debauchery Valentines Day. Why can’t Bill O’Riley bitch and moan about how that Saints day has been totally commercialized, scorched of its sacred religious meaning and run to ground and turned into a pagan celebration of S E X?, and what is the naked cupid thing? Naked? Naked is bad we hate nakidness. Nakid leads to lust and lust is bad bad and it leads to bad, naked, sinful things:like nakid Cupidy things! and Cupid is usually depicted as male, and while male nudity isn’t all that bad really, but we can not and will not deal with naked women. I mean after all, most of the high ups in the RNC make Richard Simmons look like Bruce Willis.

Bill O’Riley is such a good Catholic and did so much breast beating about the loss of Christmas, which I couldn’t hear over the constant blare of Christmas Carols on TV and the 24 hour Christmas Carol station on my radio and from every card table selling anything from August 8th on, and I could barely see his point for the huge and varied Christmas Decorations every where I went. I wasn’t really sure what exactly he was bitching about. He should be outraged at what secular society has done to St. Valentines sacred feast - but he won’t, unless the GOP tells him to and then he will, or things in Iraq get even worse and the base needs something shiny to get its attention and make it feel all abused and attacked and angry at those damn Libruls and by extension those Christ and St. Valentine hating secularists and non -Christians so I guess we have to wait on that because to the Base, hate is a Family Value.

What else? I went alone, shockingly to my Wendy’s for lunch today and ordered my Kids Meal and for the second time the yoyo behind the registered did not want to give me my toy or the bag that the meal and toy come in. I don’t want the bag but I’m not embarrassed about being seen with one either. I do however, want my toy. I had to ask for my toy and the yoyo looked at me in disgust, I had asked to see him naked under florescent light and only threw my toy at me like I had asked for a toddler to go. It was the same toy he gave me last week and I don’t want another bat, I want a snake or the lady big thing but no, the feeble yoyo won’t give me one. And he puts too much ice in my kiddy drink. Bastard. You would think he was thinking I was too cheap to buy a real grown up meal or something, which I am, but still he doesn’t need to be a bitch about it or get all high and mighty. He is wearing a paper hat so he isn’t even eligible for Mighty, high, possibly, but Mighty, never.

No comments: