Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Weekend Worrier

It has come to my attention that I may not be able to complete my entry way redo project over the weekend. I may only be able to get the walls and doors painted. This makes me sad.

In a perfect world, I would be able to carry the fake bead board outside by myself, twitch my nose and have saw horses appear to keep board off the ground, have a band saw and some how know how to use it so that I could cut the board into the right sizes while keeping my figners the same size,and then I would paint the correctly sized pieces of fake bead board and install them by myself. Yeah. It’s also going to rain and get cold over the weekend. Its been warm, lovely and dry perfect for sawing and painting fake bead board outside for two weeks. But no. I need to saw and paint fake beadboard outside and now its going to be cold. Mother Nature is not a fan of DIY.

So, in a case of needless make upping last night, I spackled the back entry way. I enjoy spackling. They don’t show that much on the home improvement shows. They just paint over. This is what I’ve done in every room I’ve painted. I never spackled anything and as a result my walls look as though they have been attacked by generations of angry wood peckers. But not my entry way! It’s going to look like a room with out a past. A room where time, woodpeckers and random acts of vandalism have never happened. A virgin room. I did learn though that spackle is not wood filler and doesn’t want to be, it will allow you to fill a pretty good sized crevice but its not going to be all corrective and cast like, its going to be soft and fall out. It knows its limitations and it’s is also very afraid of the wood filler union.

It has also come to my attention that it takes more then a sharp look to cut wood. You can'y hurt its feelings so much that it wil get all broken up about it. It takes more then sharp wit to cut through fake bead board. Apparently, it takes something like a saw. I do not own a saw. I also do not own saw horses. I own an exacto blade and a ceramic reproduction of a Chinese horse. Try as they might, they will not be adequate for the job. Kind of like Shrub but with out the hubris, they know they aren’t up to the challenge and are totally open about it. The little horse was really apologetic and the exacto blade sent a card made out of poster board, it was really sweet, it said “Sorry, I can’t cut it”. I laughed through my tears.

Now what? I have picked out the wallpaper for the front entry way and have a pretty good idea what it’s going to look like. Yay. I mean, I’m not going to get any further on that than I will on the back entry way but I can dream. I have decided that I’m going to use the rest of my Christmas money to buy this very fabulous candelabra I saw at Lowes
 Posted by Hello



it will look fantastic in the front entry way. I was all excited about getting this way cool floor vac/cleaner thing
 Posted by Hello


on Ebay but other people kept driving the price up,hey, just because it retails for $135 does not mean it needs to sell on Ebay for that amount. I don't want to pay retail for it on Ebay. I feel fine about spending $20... too bad I'm the only one who felt that way. I also kind of decided that the sellers were kind of doing it because they were all being sold by the same people and the prices went up too fast by too much by too few. Bastards. Their greed is robbing me of clean floors but their loss is Lowes gain.

No comments: