Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Weekend Wussior

Welcome to Weekend Warriors.

Diana purchased her 1947 house two years ago. The house was in fairly good shape but it did have problems she couldn't even begin to do herself. Being unable to tackle the really pressing, important problems, Diana painting out what she could not fix. Diana's current project is updating and cleaning up her dingy, outdated and down right ugly back entry way.


"What I want to address with this job is the boring nature of the back entry way. I use this entry way as my primary egress to and from the house and I'm tired of it looking like a utility closet, it is also Doggers dining room and it looks it! I want to add some personality to the space. I'm going to repaint the walls, install fake bead board and make my entry way space more inviting".

Diana has a budget of $39.64 and thinks the job should take about four days.

Day 1

"I can't wait to get started! This is going to be so fun. Look at me all putting newspaper down and taping the windows! I'm so good. This is nice paint, I like this.The door looks so much nicer all ready! I think it's the same paint from the bathroom. It looks nice in there. The old color is so light and I?m really looking for a darker color, something a little warmer. Its really lucky we didn't't use all of it with the bathroom repaint, with a room this small I would hate to end up with a lot of left over paint to store, and it saves money on the budget not having to buy more paint . Hmmm. This paint is very light. I thought it would be darker, well it's a sight better then what's here now and it will darken up as it dries. Hmm. Did I all ready paint here? Its hard to tell. The new paint at least has some gloss to it. Shiny. Why is all of a sudden there stuff in the paint? What the fu-! What is this stuff? How did paper get into the paint? Shit. Maybe I can smooth this out. Maybe not. Damn.


"I just get some in my hair. Eek. Anyway. Its water based, so it'll come right out. I'm glad I'm painting everything the same color, I don't have to worry as much about taping off the wall from the wood work. This stuff is so drippy. Its all over me. Lets look at the can before it gets all paint covered. "Blah, Blah, Blah OIL!! What! Oil paint! I didn't want oil paint! Oh, shit. Its all over me. Damn. This isn?t the bathroom paint. This is the paint I bought for the office woodwork! Damn. Well. Okay. I?ll be more careful. I really didn't want oil paint. It's such a bitch later on. Dayum It's the same color as the old paint. No! I hate the old color. Its very rental beige and I detest all the beiges in the Rental Collection. Damn. It looks cleaner now at least. Whatever."


With this Diana decided to call it a day.

cont'd. In Day 2

No comments: