Thursday, February 3, 2005

Impending Doom – Pt. 2 the Doomination

It supposed to snow again. This time I’m not getting sucked in to the whole Buy Milk and Bread Right Now or You Will Die meme or even my version - Buy Junk Food And Pringles Right Now Or You Will Get Stuck With Ramen Morning Noon and Night version that I do. I’m just not going to save The Triangle from itself. If it’s going to snow, it’s going to snow, they are going to have to deal with it. I’m tired of having to go shopping and stock up on ring dings so that everyone else can make it to work. I did it twice in a row and nobody gave me the keys to the city for my sacrifice – so this time? These people are on their own.

The news said it was coming and I heard them talking about it at work, I still don’t really believe it and won’t until the ground is white and the traffic is at a stand still, it was sunny out before, but while I was at lunch I noticed a little cloud cover coming in and now its all but over cast. I really don’t think it’s going to happen for us snow wise though because I looked up at the moon this morning and it didn’t have a halo around it, which I have learned from too much time around the rednecks, means snow is on the way. It really just means that there were no high altitude clouds, but those are the clouds that bring snow, apparently. Whatever.

Yesterday, I got to be all heroic. I gave blood, again. I’m always happy when I can do it. I got lucky this time because the tech who did the test to see if you are too anemic to give blood really wasn’t all that into it. My little blood globule kind of sank then it floated to the surface and when I told her that, she looked at it and tapped the glass and it started to fall. Other techs disqualified me right off when it doesn’t sink like a stone on the first try. The process was faster this time too, the last time I sat there for freaking ever waiting to fill the bag, this time I was in and out of the building in 45 minutes start to finish. The volunteer manning the cookie table gave me a pin for my coat and a couple of magnets and didn’t insist that I sit there for twenty minutes or whatever like they have done before. I really had to book though, the local news was on with some story about how Khristians feel like they are being abused on College campuses and I decided to leave before I barfed. As I was leaving the volunteer said next time they might have tee shirts! Bring on the iron tablets! I’ll do anything for a free tee shirt.

What else? Dogger and I watched TV last night. She liked House pretty well, but she couldn’t follow NYPD Blue, she slept through almost the whole episode and I ended up putting her to bed. She was not there to tease me because I got teary when the squad saluted Andy when he got his sergeants strips – which is good because the last thing I need is for her to know I got teary over a TV show. Screw her though, I’ve watched that show for the last 11 years, and I can cry if I want to. It’s almost over, only four more episodes to go. They had better not kill anyone, well, except for the new captain; they can kill him if they want to.

I went back to my Wendy’s today for lunch. The one time I didn’t ask for a kid’s meal the asswipe who won’t give me my toy wasn’t there. They don’t have any good toys now anyway, McDonalds has the good toys. I now have three white and pink My Little Pony toys. Yay.

No comments: