Friday, February 4, 2005

A Snowballs chance in…

Well, it didn’t snow. It didn’t even sleet. Rain! No account, lazy, do nothing storm front. The least it could have done is carried frost with it. I parked my car at the end of my drive way with the hope that if it did end up snowing I could get out and on my way. I ended up walking all the way to the end of the drive way in the rain. Yuck. The trees are happy and my poor misbegotten potted plants are happy, I think my hydrangea is in a good mood - and I believe they all truly do deserve to be happy - but really. If the weather gods are going to continue to tease us with bad weather, I’m just going to take my ball and go home. I have a perfectly good, no wait, two perfectly good ski jackets, rubber boots, and a huge assortment of glove, a few pair are even with out with out holes in the fingers. I also have a complete wardrobe of winter scarves. I am ready and willing to go out in the snow. This winter rain thing is not what I think of when I think of Winter. This is spring and I want the bugs to be dead by spring not having happy bug family picnics in my basement and taking bug hikes across my living room carpet or bug spelunking in my vents. I need a few inches of snow and maybe a nice layer of ice and I need it now.

The accepted wisdom says that a hard winter will kill the bugs and make for a nicer spring and summer. That doesn’t exactly jibe with the hard winter we had last year and the crop of bugs that lived in my basement all summer. I don’t know how cold it has to be to kill those cricket/spider frankenbugs but I’m thinking Ice Age. This winter with the exception of just a few days, has been more like Frost Age and I don’t think that’s putting a big dent in the creepy crawly population.

The rain sucks to walk the dog in too. Cold weather is okay with Dogger, she puffs up her fur, she wears her sweater and we go on our way. I might end up with a red nose, and her little butt might get chapped - but it’s not a big deal. The rain on the other hand is a big deal and neither of us wants to spend much time in it. Dogger really gets annoyed. She doesn’t like squatting on cold, wet ground. She has taking on cold wet days, to peeing like a boy dog! It’s unseemly.

Lets see. Its Friday!. Woo-Hoo! The last New Boss free day. I need to embrace the joy while I can. I have spent the last week being very productive and undepressed, the news that she wasn’t going to start right away made me so happy, but now, the “not right away” is Right Now. Monday Morning is going to be here soon. Maybe I’ll stay after work tonight just to spend a little more time with out the anxiety. Lunch Buddy keeps saying that there are State Offices even worse then this one and I might end up in a place with some one even more distasteful then New Boss, but at least a different office wouldn’t feature the same New Boss. I would like a new supervisor to not all ready have a preconceived bad attitude about my work habits. It just sucks. I keep on applying to another new position every day and eventually if I keep it up, I will get a nibble from somebody somewhere for some other job. I hope so.

No comments: