Thursday, March 3, 2005

Another Day, another trip to the vet

Kitty and I have a few good days. Kitty’s poor sad over used flinch muscles got a needed rest and I didn’t have to clean kitty drool out of my bangs. A good time has been had by all – for example, I can bend down to pick him up and he doesn’t freeze and then launch himself under the nearest barrier like he was fleeing from some sort of evil, nasty, mean tormentor instead of his loving mama whom he also now sees as an evil, nasty, mean tormentor. We had quality time that did not include me forcing things into his mouth and then holding his jaws shut to make sure the things stayed in his mouth even though he didn’t want them there, and he hasn’t had to make like a kitty shaped sprinkler as he tries to escape from me and discharge whatever fluid I’ve tried to shoot down his throat.

Kitty is still trotting, the meds don’t seem to have any effect on his um, “output” and I notice only a little, tiny difference while he’s on meds, but as soon as he finishes the course, he’s right back where he started – he’s in the john all day but he can’t lose weight, poor guy, he can’t win.

So, I took him back to the vet. This was our third or fourth trip back and our third or forth different vet. Kitty has spent more time with foreign objects up his butt then Jeff Guckart. They keep redoing the same test because they “forget” to put it in the chart, so I say every single visit “But, you did that last time, why are you doing it again a week later?” answer being they “need it for the records”. There is nothing there for them to find. He does not have worms any variety of worms; -he’s been dewormed so often his lower GI could be used as a Clean Room. He also does not have feline leukemia, feline AIDS, any known virusi, infections or any other blood born pathogen and now he’s getting bald legititis in addition to the continued trots and recurrent upchucking. Things are not improving.

The vet thinks I changed him to lamb and rice food because I’m looking out after his fragile little GI system, I changed his food to lamb and rice because the food is a lighter color and when he throws it up all over my dinning room carpet, it at least matches the color of the carpet, which is both good and bad. Good because its less stainy, Bad because it's not as noticable and I might step in it.

He seems happy. He isn’t sleeping any more then normal, he isn’t isolating himself any more then normal, he isn’t licking himself any more then normal, he isn’t being any more bitchy then normal but something is not normal or we wouldn’t be trekking to the vet four times in five weeks.

This time the doc said it might be a foreign body lodged somewhere, this was new. I don’t know what foreign body it could be as he doesn’t eat strange things other then paper and I’m pretty sure that paper doesn’t stand up well to an average digestive system. To find out what may or most likely, may not be lodged somewhere involves very expensive steps that I’m not going to be able to take, even if the vet does talk like I just handed them my credit card and told them to “go nuts”. I think I could run the Kitty through the X-Ray at the airport and get the same results they would from their X-Ray machine I’ll have to pay money for.

As it is now, he’s not in pain, he’s not not able to eat or relive himself, he seems like a happy all be it Imodium™-ally challenged kitty. The vet mentioned his belly looked a little balding too, but I told her it always looks like that since he drags it up and down the stairs and that rubs off the fur. She laughed she also gave me more meds. Kitty Quality time here I come!

No comments: