Thursday, March 17, 2005

HAPPY ST. PATRICKS DAY ! ! ! ! !

Spring comes in like a…

The lion turned out to be a lion in sheep’s clothing – a big wet blanket, a wet blanket made of wool so its really cold and drippy and gross. A blanket with out any wick. No wicking away of water here. We’re all going to die from pneumonia.

Yep. Its still raining. It was raining when I took Dogger out this morning, it was raining when I went to lunch and now it’s still raining. I’m sure its going to rain for the rest of the week. It’s not going to snow, Weather Bastard! Snow you can work with. Snow is cold it’s not wet; snow doesn’t soak your clothing when you are out in it. Most importantly, I can put Dogger in the yard while it’s snowing and not fear a visit from the dog police – things are prettified by snow, rain makes things muddy, snow is tidy – if you track snow into your house it melts into water, if you track mud into your house it dries into dirt. Dirt is not invisible . Snow kills bugs dead, rain nourishes bugs. If it had been snowing has long as it had been raining today, I would all ready have gone home.

The rain is sucking the will to work right out of me. I’ve been working like a son of a bitch for the past two weeks. I’m all caught up, my office is tidy and I’m catching up on all the little jobs I’ve been neglecting because I’ve never had time to do them. I’m shocked with myself and kind of proud – not now though, today I spent way too much time with my split ends. I have totally been neglecting my split ends and they are taking over! Good thing for this rain and subsequent lethargy or they would have totally gotten out of control!

Speaking of rain. Dogger missed her walk yesterday and today she’s really going to need to get out and stretch her doggy legs. Dogger doesn’t like to do her stretching or much of anything else in the rain. It’s not going to stop raining.

Me – Hey Girl Dog!
Dogger – Mama!
Me – Lets go outside!
Dogger – Lets stay inside!
Me – Time for wee!
Dogger – Enormous Bladder!
Me –No. We’re going outside
Dogger – Its. Raining.
Me – No its not!
Dogger – These ears are good for more than housing mites. You don’t think I’m hearing what’s going on?
Me – Walky!
Dogger – Lie down on carpet and chew on bone-yes?
Me - Out, out!
Dogger – I had a bath this week. I’m good.
Me – Just around the corner?
Dogger – You’ve gone around the bend.
Me – Cookie?
Dogger – They don’t make enough cookies.


Dogger didn’t get her walk yesterday because The Kitty and I were at the vet. The appointment was a five and through some miracle, I was actually there at 5pm. Go me. I didn’t get seen until 5:45 and I wasn’t out of there until twenty after six. The conclusion was, The Kitty is better, not well, but better and the only thing to make sure what’s wrong with him would be physically uncomfortable for him while be being financially uncomfortable for me. The vet didn’t give me any new meds yay! But said if The Kitty has any change in condition that I need to bring him back and he’ll start him on steroids. He also told me why The Kitty is so big, he’s fat, yes, but he’s huge because he was fixed so young. He was all “yay! Controlling the unwanted pet population!” but “Boo. Four weeks old is too young to fix a cat. Yes, he lived through the procedure, but it was done when he was too young”. It makes the cats bigger then they would be and causes them to gain weight and cats fixed young tend to develop “insulin absorption issues”. He’s pretty sure that Kitty might have “insulin absorption issues”, but he and I are not going to go there. Kitty’s pre-existing post surgical weight gain problem wasn’t helped either because when The Kitty was still The Kitten, he was on steroids for a food allergy and that made him even fatter and gave him life long ‘roid rage.

Sigh.


Ad – Here comes the sleet! Lalala here comes the sleet and I say, its all ice,lalalala

No comments: