Wednesday, March 16, 2005

In The Loop

In an effort to keep all of you out there in the suburbs of The Dianaverse up on what’s going on in the city center, even though you’ve never asked and could probably care less. I present “This Week In The Dianaverse”.

Monday

In addition to all kinds of file related curb busting at work and a phone call on Friday from our CMS lawyer telling me I am a filing rock star – not much. I file and purge some documents. Wheeeee. The fun never stops. Later, after I get home and after I walk the dog, feed the dog, feed the cat, clean the cats box, figure out what I’m wearing to work on Tuesday and heat up dinner… I mix, kneed, roll out and produce four dozen bright green clover shaped dog cookies, bathe Dogger, tidy the bathroom from its weekly Dog bathing hosing, replace Doggers bedding, launder the old bedding and the dogs wet bath towels ( no wet towels gathering mold in my washing machine for me! (This week)) I go on torment The Kitty, empty the dishwasher and run another load, Man, that’s a lot of work. To recover I watch something on TLC that says its about medical malpractice revolving around surgical instruments being left in patients but in practice is really about a haunted trailer house and the stupid white people who live there. It also scares this white person. I am more scared than they are and they are waking up with bloody claw marks and seeing ghosts! Eddie Murphy was right, black people would never have stayed in that hell hole. White people are stupid. I ended up the evening falling asleep watching CSI-Miami Vice.

Tuesday

File, File, File. Boss pokes head in door and notifies me that Lunch Buddy’s sun got a face full of hockey stick and LB will be late. I dance the hora and know that he’s 13 and just got his first sports related injury so Today He Is A Man. Later on, Lunch Buddy not as amused as I am, does not want to dance the hora with me. Those wacky Presbyterians! In the email came this

Severe Weather Awareness Week is March 13 - 19, 2005. In observance of this week, the North Carolina statewide severe weather/tornado drill will be held on Wednesday, March 16, 2005. The Dix campus (Council, Broughton, and Lineburger buildings) has prepared to participate in the statewide severe weather/tornado drill. The offices at Asheville, Black Mountain, and Greenville will participate on a different date. Thank you --Your Safety Committee

Should I go see if Hallmark™ makes cards for this? Is it a gift exchange thing or just a card exchanging holiday? It’s nice to know when we are going to be drilled on our storm preparedness, so good of them to give us advanced notice so we can study up on our “Close office door, bring purse, stand around in hall way until all clear is given” skills. I’m going to have to cram for this; it may be an all nighter.

After that email came this one

The new telephone books have been delivered. Please stack your old phone books neatly near the side of the Quality Control office. New phone books are on the opposite side of the all.

I would have never guessed that the stacks of new telephone books by the door were indeed, new telephone books, and I would have never been able to tell that the stacks of old phone books were actually Old Phone Books . Gosh, I’m glad they keep us in loop like that.

After work, Kitty has another vet’s appointment. Kitty is better but not yet over what ever he has. I’m not going to okay any more meds. He’s tired of them and so I am, whatever is wrong with him is not going to be healed by more meds – I am also not going to let them charge me a fortune for X-rays. He’s feeling better, running around, not spending all day in the john and is not constantly eating anymore. He’s eating; he’s just doing other things too, like reading and scrap booking.

Wednesday

I’m not psychic. I’m hoping I get up, get dressed, feed/toilet the animals and make it to work in time for the drill.

Thursday

Not one but two St. Patrick’s Day parties! Woo-Hoo! The Democrats are going to cry into their green beer and Broskey and Alphagal are hosting a get together at a bar down town.

Friday

The Nephdogs are coming! The Nephdogs are coming! The boys are spending the weekend at Aunt Cookies while their Broskey and Alphagal celebrate their 10 year anniversary in dog free solitude on the beach.

No comments: