Monday, March 28, 2005

Partay!

Woo-Hoo! Three day weekend Baybee! Whooooo! Yeah, that’s right. I partied. I Partied Hearty.

Friday

The big fun started in the morning when I was awoken by what sounded like a helicopter trying to land on my roof. There is nothing like trying to figure out why there is a helicopter landing on your roof when you’ve been awake for two minutes. It really helps break up the old morning routine. It turned out the jack booted thugs were not not coming for me and the helicopters were not trying to land on my roof. It certainly sounded like they were, they were only up their circling 12 feet off my roof for a better part of half an hour. I hope they found who they were looking for. Still, ask not for whom the helicopters circle, the helicopters circle for thee. Or someone else. Or they were just buzzing a girlfriend. Or Junior was just out making donuts in the parking lot of the sky. I saw a cop later and asked what the deal with the helicopters had been and he said that the Raleigh police don’t even have a helicopter and it might have been the highway patrol. Its good to see that law enforcement keeps each other up on each others man hunts. I like to see that level of cooperation between police entities. Its comforting. Its nice to know they are so helpful to each other and that one would not bother to tell the other when they had to send a helicopter out after some evil doer, what if it was an evil doer that the local police knew? Maybe they could have just gone and woke him up instead of the whole neighborhood... And I’m even more glad that they woke me up so early in the morning. On my day off.

Lets see. TNT knows drama but it also knows Judging Amy, which they should know is drek. TNT knows drek. Fortunately for me while HGTV also knows drek, it does not know Judging Amy, HGTV is my friend. I was thinking about going to the mall when I was thinking about how to spend a three day weekend, I didn't go to the mall. I went to the Wal-Mart, you can’t buy leg wax at the mall you can at Wal-Mart and you while you are there, can get a roll of film developed with 18 different shots of your cat looking at you with out exhibiting any facial expressions whatsoever plus five photos of a very pretty tree fungus also looking at you with out much facial expression.

Later,after the Wal-Martpalooza, I went to my neighborhood seafood take out place and heard a man say that if “Teri Shievo was black this wouldn’t be happening”. Then he noticed my white self sitting there and he decided that maybe it wasn’t a race based thing after all. I told him it wasn’t a black/white thing it was a delusional thing and if the delusional family in question was black that I’m sure they would found someone to fund their craziness and that funding would have lead to the same level of insanity and delusional behavior but with more crazy people in dashikies milling around and less in bedazzled sweatshirts.

Saturday.

I made an unsupervised visit to DSW and spent less on two pairs of shoes then I would have on one pair in a full price show store. I bought the one pair because it was 80% off $79.80 and I was really pumped about owning shoes that once cost $79.80. I might not even wear them but damn it, I got them for 80% off retail!

Sunday.

I went to Mass, picked up a frozen pizza for Easter Dinner and made Dog cookies. I also rented Flight of the Phoenix. The born again’s watched The Passion, I watched a movie about a plane that crashed, yet flew again, I saw a lot of similarities in the plots but with 23% less flogging in Phoenix.

No comments: