Thursday, March 10, 2005

Wake up and smell the kitty


Kitty could tell I was stressing about him. All his doctor going has made him more open and sharing then he was before; apparently all he needed was to have a thermometer shoved up his butt over and over again to really unleash his inner sweetie.

Kitty woke me up at 2:15 in the morning to let me know that the shoe boxes I had stacked near the attic door were still here! He wanted me to know that he checked them out himself and he could tell me with no uncertainty that they were really fun and tasted terrific! He is all about the thoughtful! He knew that I have laid awake at work and pondered those boxes, wondered how they were doing, asked myself if stacking them by the door instead of walking the extra two feet to put them in the box box was good enough or if they preferred to be out in Camp Knotty Pine with the rest of us.

It turns out they want to be at Camp Knotty Pine! They don’t want to be locked up in the dark with the other boxes; they want to spend their time in the dark with out other boxes. They want to spend time with me!

Kitty also woke me up to make sure that my face was warm enough and to see for himself that I was breathing. He did this by parking himself on my chest and waiting for me to start choking on his fur He wanted to make sure that I didn’t have a cold nose, and just to make sure he thoughtfully snaked his entire tail up my nose! I mean, he’s a cat and he’s a rotorooter! Isn’t that they sweetest thing ever? Isn’t he the best?

Dogger is still very bored with out her toy. I finally figured out why she was being such a pill all of a sudden in the evenings. She ate her toy. She has other toys, older toys, but they aren’t interesting to her anymore. She wants fresh toy and she wants it yesterday! She has started to take offence with me when I turn my back on her. It’s like living with The Don – all of a sudden if I’m she does not have my complete attention she starts to bark at me. I read somewhere that you aren’t supposed to hush a dog by yelling at it – how am I supposed to make her shut up then? Whispering at her doesn’t seem to have any effect, possibly because while she is screaming at me she can’t here me make my little whispered protestations

Dogger – WHERE IS MY TOY? I WANT MY TOY!!
Me – SHhhhhhhh! Dogger. Shhhhhhh.
Dogger – DON’T TURN YOUR BACK ON ME!
Me – Shhhhhhh. Mama’s show is almost on. Shhhhhh
Dogger - WHERE IS MY TOY
Me – Dogger, honey, no shouting inside, Shhhhhhhh
Dogger – STOP WHISPERING!
Me –Shhhhhhh! Use your inside voice! Shhhhhhhhh!
Dogger – GO TO THE STORE AND GET ME A NEW TOY!
Me – Shhhhhh-
Dogger – BARKBARKBARK I CAN DO THIS ALL NIGHT LONG!
Me – SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP! AAHHHHHHHHH!

I usually end up bribing her with a cookie and putting her back into her crate until my head stops throbbing. Tonight we may make a run to the grocery to pick up a new toy and a new bottle of aspirin.

No comments: