Friday, March 18, 2005

Wetlands, Wet Streets, Wet grass…


It can stop raining now. It can stop misting, drizzling and pouring on us as as well. The wet stuff can feel free to stop falling from the sky. We. Get. It.

Yesterday on Doggers walk I got tsked at – for walking my dog in the rain. Dogger wasn’t too upset by it, she doesn’t love the rain but she loves being stuck inside even less. She deals. She’s smart that way. I was getting soaked and was cold but she was fine. I still got tsked at. The man who tsked at me said he took his dog for a long walk yesterday knowing it was going to rain for the next few days and if I was a good dog owner I would have done the same. This from a man whose dog lives outside! True the dog lives in an enclosure that would put even Jim Bakers dogs to shame, but still outside and he gives me crap about my walking my dog in the rain. Whatever.

Did you have a good St. Patrick’s Day? Did you remember to wear green? I did. Not that anybody noticed, but I did, almost the only person I saw all day wearing green was the lone guy down in the secretaries suite. He was wearing a green dress shirt and a green tie. He looked like the Jolly Green Temporary. I stayed in my office and filed and boxed up purged documents. The few other people that came to my office were dressed in black. What unfun losers!

I’ve had a change of plans nephdogs wise. I said they were coming to me but now I’m going to them. It just seemed to make more sense. After all the rain we’ve got in the last week the wetlands are soaked and I really wasn’t looking forward to putting any dogs back there much less three dogs and being stuck in the house with all three dogs and a very nervous kitty all weekend – just wasn’t sounding like it was going to shape up to be a good time. I’m going to leave The Kitty at my house though, he has been ill and I don’t want to tax him further then I have to and since he all ready finds Dogger very taxing, I hate to think about what form of torment he would take out for forcing him to share space with even more dogs. Health issues also come into play with Little nephdog as well. He is a poor eater as it is and he’s not going to eat better with his people gone and I can see him eating even less in a strange house. Dogger is not going to love living in the garage for the weekend, but I think that the promise of the huge back yard and the opportunity to play there with the Big nephdog will soften the blow. The two big dogs can slop around in the yard all weekend while the Little nephdog and hang out on the futon and watch TV inside in the warmth and the dry. Brosky has promised me that Little nephdog will live through the weekend. I have no problem running Camp Knotty Pine, I do draw the line at operating Aunt Cookies Dog Hospice.

Since I’m not going to be at home I’ve suddenly got a shit load of stuff to do tonight. I have to get Doggers and my stuff gathered up and packed up, get the garbage and the recycling out to the curb, inform The Kitty of the changes in plans and try to read his mind as to what he’s going to destroy as punishment for me leaving him alone in the house for the whole 18 hours between when I leave for Brosky and Alphagals and when I come back to feed him.

Have a Great Weekend.

No comments: