Friday, April 15, 2005

bad Dog Owner

I totally owe Dogger an apology. When I came home after work, instead of changing clothes, collecting my dog walking supplies (plastic bags, dog cookies) getting Dogger and heading out for our walk – I walked in the door, put my stuff down and went to bed.

I didn’t even think about her. I thought about how far away my bed was and how fast I could get there. One I was no longer vertical, I could relax. Kitty didn’t want me to relax. Kitty wanted me to feed him. Kitty went hungry.

Kitty thought that if he walked all over me while I was waiting to die, that some how this would give me the strength to go on or at least to feed him. He was insatiable. It’s funny how cute he would have been if I wasn’t nauseas. Instead he was just really, really, really annoying. And Loud. I like the sound of him purring, it’s really very sweet until I need total silence and complete darkness and pain killers – much better pain killers then I have in my kitchen, hence the need for silence and darkness.

Today I made and appointment with my optometrist to see if the headaches are brought on by an old prescription, if nothing else I can get new glasses out of it.

Dogger was very sweet about it, she didn’t make any noise downstairs and she had to have known I was home. She didn’t get a walk and instead got to spend time in the damp, muddy back yard barking at the neighbors’ dogs. Poor baby. Today, today, she is getting a walk damn it. The credit card bills came in and those puppies aren’t going to get to the post office on their own. Dogger likes the walk to the post office and today I am fully up to doing it! Yay! I hate sleeping away all the good non work related hours of the day. It made me miss my little home improvement shows and made me too busy later to properly watch all the Law and Order reruns with my full, undiluted attention... You have to take notes, you know.

I was able to rewatch the House episode from Tuesday night and that was nice. It’s good to get your squeeing fangirl out to squee every once in a while, under carefully controlled circumstances, in private, with no witnesses – no one likes to see a full grown, college educated adult going full bore squeeing fangirl- its just not pretty. I take the time to turn my diploma to the wall so that it doesn’t have to witness the squeeing fangirl patheticness and bribe Dogger with cookies so she will leave me alone while I’m in squee-mode. I have to lock The Kitty upstairs because squeeing fangirl behavior is the sort of thing he would find away of filming to use as black mail against me. I have to go fangirl every once in a while otherwise I might be forced to add more lame fangirl sites to my all ready countless lame LJ sites I have on my list of favorites and once you have entered LJ hell, you can’t get out. Is it Tuesday yet?

No comments: