Thursday, April 21, 2005

Faceless Corporate hate-a-thon

I’m sitting in my office wondering why I feel weird. I’m hot. It’s hot in here. It’s never hot in here. On the weekends they rent this space out as a walk in freezer! I was feeling kind of dozy and beginning to wonder if I was sick with something and then it hit me – I’m not tired because I’m not feeling well, I’m tired because I’m feeling hot and not hot in a good way either. Normally, I’m tired at the end of the day because I have to keep moving all day to keep myself from freezing to my chair. It sucks, but I get a lot done. Now I’m thinking about napping under my desk.

I talked to my insurance. That went real well. They checked my file and announced that sure enough, that they weren’t going to pay for my glasses – that I had the bad fortune to not discipline my body to only need new glasses every 24 months and it has not been 24 months since the last time my scrip changed so they told me again that I could go and get new glasses in October; they would be cool with paying for them at that time, and suggested that I just squint until then. The customer service guy did tell me I could get a big 30% off on my frames now, but that doesn’t cover the lenses, the really expensive part of the problem. I am going to go to Sams Club to see what they have, LB suggested Wal-Mart but I don’t think I can do that. Lenscrafters is another choice and LB said she bought glasses from them years ago but she does not still buy glasses from them – but they do have these lovely coupons available to print off their web site and that is so sexy to me right now.

Mr. Kitty is doing better. I know you really do not want me to dig too deeply into the contents of his litter box but suffice to say, I am less worried about those contents then I was. I went holistic on Kitty’s lower GI and now he seems better. I mean, seems better, he could be in some sort of end stage lower GI thing now and that’s why he seems better but so far so good. He is still itching but the vet expense for the itchiness is substantially less then what the vet expense for fixing Kitty’s lower GI issues. Mr. Kitty now gets teaspoon of plan yogurt everyday. He eats it and so far he’s not throwing it back up. So I think it’s great. I haven’t told the vet what I am doing but maybe I can hope he doesn’t ask. I have to go back there to get heart worm preventive for Dogger but I don’t need to go in there and talk about Kitty’s GI problems, but at the same time I don’t want them to think that what they did worked, I mean, if they could just tell people to give their kitties a little yogurt to stem the tide, then they should tell them that instead of charging a fortune in kitty pills that don’t do a whole lot and stress everyone out.

I felt really bad about Dogger yesterday. She didn’t get her walk and I was in no mood to play when I finally got home. There is nothing like being dissed first by a faceless corporate entity and then have your own body diss you, all in the same day. It just sucks. It made me have ice cream for dinner, prior to going to the Red Cross, I did have a hamburger but it was supposed to make me all healthy and it didn’t so it didn’t count as dinner, it was more like a chewable iron pill. So, I had to come home and have a large bowl of Moose Tracks to sooth my wounded pride. Later on after enough ice cream to effect global warming I decided it may not have been entirely my traitorous body’s fault, I started to think it may also have been a bitchy tech problem too. I was the last appointment of the day and the way they were all sitting around shooting the shit with each other did not make me think any of them really were excited about opening my veins. I think she was just being a bitch because the last time I was there I wasn’t any healthier then I am now and the tech let me skate through. Humph.

No comments: