Monday, April 25, 2005

Spring Sprung

Wednesday, Thursday, Friday- Gorgeous! Spring had sprung and it was lovely. I was back in my short sleeved blouses and had forgone a coat for the last few mornings. I got tired of having to carry a coat home in the afternoon after it had gotten all warm and nice, so I was experimenting with just not wearing one at all and just toughing it out in the cool mornings. It was working.. Friday we complained at work that it was hot in the office and debated the pros and cons of having them turn the A/C on. It tried to rain Friday night but then it changed its mind.

It was so nice on Saturday! It felt springy and warm, I even went out and bought a pair of shorts and put them on once I got home. I was glad I had shorts on after the power went out and I had to go outside and read my book. I read my book for a while and the power still wasn’t back on. My tail bone still doesn’t like me to sit for too long, but now its more like the pain from a really, really bad wedgie. I went inside and it was nice enough upstairs that I took a nap with the kitty. Sigh.

I woke up and the power still was out. This was mildly upsetting. I was planning to go check Dead Poets Society out from the video store, actually, my original plan was to go and buy it from my DVD store but they didn’t have it and I had to go to Blockbuster who did have it but wanted $20 for it . I ended up renting it - but if the damn power was going to stay out I wasn’t going to be able to watch it and this was a pisser. . Finally, the power did go back on and I was able to watch my movie. Saturday night is a crummy night for TV. As I was watching DPS later, I had forgotten how young and callow the boys looked in that movie. Robert Sean Leonard today, is still awfully good looking but lately Ethan Hawk looks like he got rode hard and put up wet. He should have gone to the stage, it may have forced some discipline on him. RSL won a Tony and is still cute as a button.

I’m the same age as they are. I was young back in the day when it came out myself. I read an interview with RSL and it said he was 19 when it came out. I couldn’t have been that young but I guess I was. A baby. They were playing younger then they were but I was playing young too. I could have past for a highschool kid then too. In bad light and no make up, I still could. - Okay, it has been a while since I was asked what grade I’m in, lately they want to know what I’m studying or what school I go to. I should be grateful.

Tonight I might watch Swing Kids. What? The Pope was a Nazi Youth, I’m trying to think positive thoughts and if the Nazi Youths are played by RSL, Noah Wylie and Christian Bale, more the better. The priest said this morning that calling Benedict “Gods Rottweiler” was bigoted. I had no idea, he also said that hating Catholics is the new anti-Semitism - I guess hating Jews is so last year? Or anti-gay fervor was just a fad? I think that priest needs to calm down. I thought the wall to walk 24 hour coverage the Church got in the last weeks was kind of like a Wonders Of Catholicism Infomercial. I didn’t realize that it was 24 hours of wall to wall hate speech? I must have not been watching the right networks.

No comments: