Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Being There


Weather or Not

Its pretending that its’ going to rain. I know its just pretending because I have a dog to walk and lawn to possibly mow and I can’t do those if it’s raining. So this over cast darkness business is obviously just an attention getting device. It’s the weathers version of pink hair and a pierced eyebrow and dating a drummer.

See? Now it’s all sunny again. Passive aggressive weather bitch. It’s going to keep doing this until I’m just about ready to either walk dog or mow lawn and then it’s going to pour rain. I mean, I know that in theory I can both mow lawn and walk dog in the rain but I have to really, really, really want to do those things in the rain and frankly, I don’t want to mow the lawn and walk the dog in the rain! and after having walked the dog many times in the rain, I have decided that I don’t really like walking the dog in the rain and I know I don’t want to mow the lawn in the rain or for that matter, mow the lawn in the just finished raining either. It’s not worth it. I think I have plenty of good neighbor points racked up so that if my lawn doesn’t get mowed this weekend I don’t think I’m going to find any nasty notes in my door when I get back on Monday.

Oh, by the way? I’m going out of town, no entry on Monday. Sorry. If I don’t have to go to the office, I don’t have to post an entry either. It’s a thing.

But today is not Monday and I must soldier on with this entry.

Cleanliness is next to…

I think tonight is going to be spent on part two of the big spring/summer cleaning. I washed Dogger last night and so the coast is clear for a bit of bathroom tidying up and then I’m going to move on to the kitchen… maybe I’ll start in the kitchen instead, its awful and tonight is the House season finale and according to the spoilers, I really need to be camped out in front of the screen for every minute of the show to “be there” for it and not running back and forth with Windex dripping down my arms or preoccupied with wringing out the mop or trying to keep the kitty from leaving little paw prints all over and even though I will be taping it too, it’s just not the same as watching it "live". I could, really, mop the floor Wednesday morning or after work even, its not something that has to be tonight or else, its kind of just has to be done. I think the next floor I put down in there is going to be dark. Maybe brown or red or something that the dirt will be less dirty and more pattern-y.

Happy Meal Toy

Lunch Buddy got a brand new 6 week old kitten and she hasn’t brought it to work yet! I’ve told her I would be happy to cat sit for her during the day. The kitty could play with my Happy Meal Toys and be its very own Eden Alternative! Nursing Homes get to have little animals why can’t we? and if any of the animal haters around the office bitch about the kitten being in the office and spreading cat fur in their air space, I could just claim Eden Alternative or that it is a very realistic brooch not actually a real, live kitten or even better, a really neat Happy Meal toy. I have dozens and one more small furry shape on my desk isn’t going to ruffle any feathers. I told LB that I would even stuff my pockets with kitty litter for the baby and it could ride around in my pocket after it got tired of entertaining me. She didn’t buy it; she won’t bring it to work. LB is mean.

No comments: