Thursday, May 26, 2005

Ewwwwww. I wanna clean my email out with bleach

Why Frist could not let go of his crazed, malevolent, Khristian Taliban partisan bull shit - Because he SUCKS.

Dear Friend,

As a supporter of the National Republican Senatorial Committee I wanted to send you a judicial update... ( I find out who put me on this list...)

On Monday, an arrangement was reached by fourteen of my colleagues. I was not a party to it, and here's why... (Because I suck? because I was afraid of my rabid Khristian taliban over lords?

I do not agree with it because it does not get the job done of ensuring fair, up or down votes on all judicial nominees sent to the Senate by the President. (the Republican president, don't ya mean, Bill, you asshole)

It is my firm belief that--on principle--all judicial nominees deserve an up or down vote on the floor of the United States Senate. (as long as they are Republican)

The new understanding, if followed in good faith, affirms my principle to some extent. It marks some break in the partisan obstruction of the past two years, and ensures that seven outstanding jurists--including Priscilla Owen, Janice Rogers Brown and William Pryor--will get the fair up or down votes they have long deserved.(Assssshhhhooolllllllls)

But it does not grant fairness to all other jurists. It still allows mindless filibusters to be triggered at the whim of a minority more interested in obstruction than progress. (Phhhhhttttttttt)

And that is a shame. (No, it really isn't)

So make no mistake, the Constitutional Option remains on the table. If the minority again acts in bad faith--if they resume their campaign of mindless judicial obstruction--I will NOT hesitate to call it to a vote.

Not for a second. (Screw You)

For too long on judicial nominees, the filibuster was abused to facilitate partisanship, and subvert principle. (By the REPUBLICANS you jack ass!)

We have exposed the injustice of judicial obstruction in the last Congress, and advanced the core Constitutional principle that all judicial nominees deserve a fair up or down vote on the floor of the U.S. Senate. (How about the Democratics judge choices? they don't get the same thing?)

So the Senate will begin to execute this arrangement, with a vote up or down on Priscilla Owen. Giving up their minority-party led obstructionism, the Senate invoked cloture on her yesterday by a vote of 81-18. (You say "obstructionisnm", I say 200 plus years of history?)

Priscilla Owen--after four years, two weeks and two days--finally received the fair, up or down vote she deserved. (She deserved?!! She should never had been appointed in the first place!)

And, mark my words, more judges like her will follow in the days ahead.(Insane? Right wing judge-bots? neocon foot soldiers? I hope the minority will respect the will of the majority(just you wait, be nice on the way up Fristy, the fall down is going to hurt) and give judges the courtesy, the respect, of a fair, up or down vote.

Sincerely,

Bill Frist, M.D.

No comments: