Thursday, May 19, 2005

RIP

One of the women I work with died this morning. Yesterday she was at a mangers retreat meeting and was fine and this morning she didn't show up. The people at the meeting called the cops because it was so out of character for her not to show up or even to be late. The cops at first wouldn't do it because she's an adult and it had been such a short time, but they did end up going and a neighbor let them in and they found her. The woman's mother is still living and the cops called her and gave her the office number so that someone here could tell her that her daughter had died. Her Mom just called.

Twenty minutes ago they went to our offices and gave us the news one by one. I knew before her mother did.

edited to correct time of death. She died this morning not last night. I can't help it! I kept up the daily census at the nursing home and correct ToD was important to me.

No comments: