Thursday, June 30, 2005

Randomness

My boss hurt her knee again. I know this because she made a point of telling us all about it. One of the other women in the office twister her knee as well. I think that there is some new, really virulent strain of orthopedic problems lose in this office! It has become easier to catch a turned ankle in this office then to catch the flu because at lunch today as I was getting out of Minnie and going back to the office, I slipped and twisted my ankle. For the record? OW.

If the PTB really loved dog owners they would make available an inexpensive Doggy Tread Mill because then no matter what the weather was, or how sore your ankle was, your dog could burn off their doggy excess energy and not wind up as furry area rugs. I think this is something the ASPCA should be all over. I think they should be busy in some lab somewhere developing this not just to relive me from my dog getting on my nerves but because I don’t think the world needs any more really fat labs or obese basset hounds and it would cut way down on the number of dogs getting turned into the shelters because their owners claim they “just don’t have time to exercise” their dog or “the yard turned out to be too small” or the “dog barked all the damn time and ate my shoes” or whatever. A Doggy tread mill would be a wonderful invention and for smaller dogs they could make a larger version of those gerbil wheel things. Think how much less yapping there would be in the world if little yappy dogs could run out all that energy instead of having to yap all the time to burn off energy.

What do the people with those little pretend purse dogs do when their little pretend purse dogs yap too much and really get on their nerves? I suppose they could just flush them or if the yappy really got on their nerves maybe they put them down the disposal. Maybe instead of furry area rugs they make furry toilet paper cozies with them. Maybe if disposaling the yappy dog isn’t an option maybe they give them to Goodwill with the other momentarily trendy accessories they now find annoying, like Nichole Ritchie. What are Paris Hilton et al going to do when the little pretend purse dog trend is over? Maybe they can all send them to NYC and create herds of little pretend purse dogs to act as prey animals for Pale Male and his kin! Wouldn’t that be cute? Pale Male and the babies’ dive bombing the concrete canyons, little pieces of pretend purse dogs gripped in their talons! I think it would do wonders for New York City’s eco-tourism numbers.

Randomness

A highly intelligent British student was jailed for life on Wednesday after he admitted bludgeoning his parents to death This was a headline on CNN international. Now, the story goes on to explain why he was described as “highly intelligent” answer? It’s irrelevant. But I looked at the headline and I was like “You have to be smart to commit murder? Wow, Darlie Routier would be glad to see that! If he was really smart he would have gotten away with it, so his attorneys claimed he is also mentally ill - but not so mentally ill that it interfered with his taking his girl friend to New York and running $54, 000 in charges up on his dead parents credit cards. I wonder if it would have made CNN International at all if he hadn’t been “highly intelligent” had he been “Highly Stupid”, then it never would have gone past the local paper and the headline would have been: “ Local Idiot Offs Parents, Goes To Jail”.

No comments: