Friday, June 10, 2005

TGIF


This week in The Dianaverse….


Bad Boys?

I came home from work the other day to be greeted by two cop cars parked in front of the drug dealer’s house. One of the cop cars was blocking my driveway and caused me to have to park in the street. If there are going to cop cars in front of the drug dealers’ house I would prefer that they be in front of the drug dealers house, not so much blocking my driveway ya know, in case of flying bullets or other projectiles or whatever, I want my car to be hiding far up in my driveway out of the line of fire – there wasn’t any gun play and maybe the cops knew there wasn’t going to be. The cars didn’t have their lights on or the sirens going and another neighbor said the cars just showed up. There is the chance that the drug dealer called the cops himself… it could happen. I just wonder if he let the cops into the house. Once inside they have probable cause, and don’t need a warrant, perhaps they cleaned up before hand. If I’m going to come home to a blocked driveway I think I would prefer the drug dealer, Mr. Drug Dealer no longer blocks my driveway ands causes me to park in the street – and if there was going to be two cop cars in the neighborhood they could have at least told us why, came door to door, something…because, one cop car? Totally your business, two cop cars? You really need to send a memo around.

Bad Dog

The neighbors across the streets run a ‘way dog, ran away again. I did only a cursory search for it before I remembered that it is not my dog. I did did through Doggers stuff and found a leash I don’t like I could part with and put it permanent loan to them.

Me – ( grumble, grumble, stoooopid people don’t deserve a nice dog like that one, I can’t believe they let him get away again, those people need to go to dog owner school, if I see one of them we are going to talk and there might be a quiz, a ha! There is one now) Here. This is a leash. USE IT.

Neighbor Kid – Oh. He had one of these but he ate it.

Me – Don’t let him eat this one. The next time he gets away he’s going to get hit by a car and be dead in the street. Your dog has a very small brain and needs you to think for him. You are a smart guy, don’t let this happen again.

Bad Morning

Thanks in part to the A/C I slept really well the other night. Really too well. I woke up at about 5:15 and went blissfully back to sleep. Kitty didn’t need me, Dogger didn’t greet the paperboy and there wasn’t any irritating alarm to disturb me. So I slept. It was lovely. It was also a work day. I woke up again at 20 minutes after my alarm was supposed to go off. I looked at the alarm and took for granted it was going to be like 5:50, another popular time for me to wake up. Imagine my surprise when I looked at the clock and it was considerably later then 5:50. I couldn’t believe this! I never over sleep. I hardly remember what my alarm clock sounds like anymore! I’m so tightly wound I wake up before it goes off – its better to wake up early than have that thing startle me awake anyway, it’s worth a little lost sleep. But. I hate over sleeping. I hate being late. It wasn’t going to make me late to work but it severely curtailed my morning paper reading the rest of my written in stone morning routine. Grrrrrr. It messes up the whole rest of my day.


So, TGIF.

No comments: