Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Warm enough for ya?

I walked outside to go the lunch today and it was like walking into a public pool. I could almost smell the chlorine. It was too warm, too humid and not at all enjoyable. I never liked swimming after the pool water got as warm as the air. But, it wasn’t a public pool in August it was a parking lot in June. Lovely.

There is a setting some where in the bowels of the A/C that guarantee that it will never be comfortable through the entire building, half of us bring sweaters or blankets and the other half spend the day panting and fanning themselves – all year round. Pretty much except for my office where it is always cold. In our building we have colds all summer long from going from the heat outside to the cold inside – but we aren’t the only ones; why can’t restaurants just cool themselves to where it is cooler then it is outside? Why do they all have to chill themselves to the point of forcing their patrons to eat in what amounts to a walk in freezer? If its 90 degrees outside there is no reason to chill your dinning room to 60 degrees. Gawd.

People For The Ethical Treatment Of People?

I had the overwhelming desire to help actual real life human beings for a change so when they called me to give blood I scheduled myself an appointment – but before I could go, of course! I had to take care of the Dog That Is Not Mine, again. That morning I found him out and about yet again and instead of making myself crazy and messing up my clothes and angsting about notifying his people, I just tied him up in my yard and I went to work. By the time I got home he was gone.

Kind Of.

He was not in my yard, which is not to say he was in his yard. I was took Dogger out and lo and behold TDTINM was back. Yay. I chained TDTINM back up and took care of my actual dog. I had a schedule to keep. I had places to go and people to help. Actual real live people I have done enough taking care of dogs lately. My fellow humans need me.

So.

I did the blood thing. I also signed up to be a marrow donor. I have a neat card for my wallet and everything. Go Me.

Okay. Back home. TDTINM is still in my yard. He looked dead. He wasn’t. I noticed his people were not at home. No car in the drive way {Florida Evans} Damn!Damn!Damn!{/Florida Evans} . TDTINM could not stay in my front yard all night. He barks and he’d get taken – again, not my dog, not my concern. Yeah. Right. So.

Operation Dog Drop

I go to TDTINMs yard and check out the gate. I don’t want to abuse the gate by trying to figure out how to get it open. It’s thoroughly jerry rigged, and Rube Goldberg wouldn’t want to mess with the bits and pieces that keep it closed. I have developed an audience by now. I go to their side porch and on the porch are two bar stools. My plan is to take a bar stool put it over the fence, put the dog on the bar stool and then motivate the dog to get off the bar stool – all the while, TDTINM would be on a chain that I am going to attach to a solid part of the fence so that Huiddoggy won’t get away. I share this with my audience, who laughs and proceeds to ride her bike up and down the street singing

It Won’t Work! Ha, Ha, Ha!!!
It Won’t Work! Its not going to workkkkkkkkk Ha, Ha, Ha!


When she’s though doing her victory lap I ask her what she would do. She would open the gate and chain the dog to his dog house. I say “Clever, but how are you getting the gate open?” She easily pops the gate open and I chain up the dog.

I told you your idea wasn’t going to work. Kids. Whatever happened to “seen but not heard?”

No comments: