Thursday, July 21, 2005

68 + Hours and Counting

I keep finding new things I need To Do Before I Leave. I also keep discovering all these things that I absolutely Must Take With Me that for some reason I did not deem “must take” worthy two weeks ago when I was packing the first time. To keep myself from making lists I will just lose anyway, I pulled out a bag to put all this Must Take stuff in. I figured I would carry on with me on the plane but the more crap I find I need the more and more it looks like a checked bag.

The first thing I put in my bag was my Harry Potter. I read six pages before I tore it out of my hands and hid it on the stairs to the attic, two minutes later I decided that putting it there led to the outside chance that I may go off and forget it in my rush to leave. It’s doubtful but I have done dumber things so into the bag it goes. The next things that went into the bag were the dog cookies I decided that I absolutely had to make for the dogs I know up there. I really, really did not have to do that and now I’m afraid that some airport anti-terrorism dog is going to sniff my bag and lose his mind and the next thing I know is that I’ve woken up on a plane to Gitmo. I don’t think the excon the airport will have protecting us from “terra” is going to care why his dog just freaked out, he’s going to be so excited his dog is freaking out and that he just won employee of the month due to my misplaced dog love, he’s not going to care why his dog is freaking out. They’ll probably blow my cookies sky high.

I also remembered to find my ticket. That is very important. They won’t let you on the plane with out a ticket. They practically won’t let you out of your car with out a ticket anymore so it was good that I got proactive on the ticket finding. It only took two tries to remember where it was.

Then I had to decide what I was going to wear to church while we are there. I don’t put this much thought into what I am going to wear to church here, I thought about bringing a dress but after 30 plus years going to church there for two weeks every summer, they don’t get that dressed up. They are doing well when they don’t show up to Mass wearing waders , so I am pretty sure that khaki pants is going to put me in the fore front of the Mass going public. I may also brush my hair; I am just a summer person, they don't need confirmation on that before I open my mouth. I’m also too tan. Here, I am comparatively fish belly white, there I look like a contestant on Survivor ( ohhhh,Survivor related question, why don’t they send them to a cold place? That would be kewl! Why not actually make the environment hard to “survive”? they make fur bikinis don’t they?).

Then there are all the things I want to get done here before I leave. I have laundry I want to get done, I need to go to the bank, fill the car up, I also need to clean the house, I need to clean the Dog at least one more time and launder her bedding. I also want to take all that dog stuff over to Broskey and Alphagals early so I can check all that off. On Saturday I also want to go to the flea market book seller and see if there is anything I need there. Harry Potter is only 652 pages and there is no TV, no radio and no computer to keep me busy… I can’t be out being outdoorsy all the time.

No comments: