Thursday, July 14, 2005

Random

I’ve had to spend the entire day at work working. I mean the nerve of these people! I do have to say its better then the alternative which is to spend the entire day at work trying to create work to do and that never goes well. When I am busy the clock moves forward so much faster then when I am jot busy. In fact, non-busyness makes the clock move backward. I remember at another job sitting at my desk and coloring in all the zeros on my calendar for the entire year and thinking, “wow that took a long time! It must be lunch time. Oh, it’s still 9:15. It was 9:15 when I started!” this was before we all had computers on our desks and years before the computers on our desks were more then word processors. But, today at this job I have been working. Hard.

I would spend this entry going on about the Emmys™ but, those are announced later on today and all the lists of prospective nominees I have run across are heavily weighted towards teen crap and shows I don’t watch. I do know that I as much as I would like to see Hugh Laurie nominated for House, I really want to see Denis Leary nominated for Rescue Me. Laurie is doing a bang up job but he is a good actor – he acts very well, it’s what he does and he is going to get more out of an average script on a weekly bases then most actors get out of their yearly specially written Give Me An Emmy™ script. House is on FAUX, which doesn’t usually do any favors for their shows, but it is a drama and it has done very, very well with the both the critics and the ratings. Rescue Me is on FX and only on part of the year. It has done well with the critics but I don’t know how it does ratings wise. It does get the same cable cheat that the other big winning cable shows have received in the past – but I am willing to overlook that because it is such a kick ass show over all and Leary is so hardcore good at what he is doing. He has come as a surprise after seeing some of the other projects he’s worked on, and I would love to see him recognized for it. Everyone all ready knows that Laurie is a fine actor on a really good show.

The squeeing fangirl yahoo groups I sadly get signed up for are going to explode into squeeing fangirl goo in any eventuality. They are very sure Laurie is going to be nominated – but every year some one deserving gets left off - and to be a very bad squeeing fangirl I really hope the left off is not its not Leary or Rescue Me, I’m pretty sure that House can take care of itself either way. The PTB can fell totally all right about leaving off somebody from West Wing or The Practice 2.0 or Lost or CSI et al or the excretable The Gilmore Girls and Desperate Housewives. I don’t watch those for the most part and I don’t have to hear their squeeing fangirls desperate promises to throw themselves in front of busses should their favorite “actors” nominations not get called out. I will do a lot to avoid the squeeing of fangirls.

The other shows I watch are no longer Emmy™ bait or are so not Emmy™ worthy that there is no reason to even check to see if they are present and I have no expectations for them. It’s been I don’t know how many seasons since I felt like I had a horse in the Emmy™ race that I am really looking forward to the announcement later on this morning. I will post the list as soon as I find one complete and cut and pasteable.

No comments: