Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Title

As soon as you got your noses out of your Harry Potter books and came here, you said “Why did you have your nose in your dogs arm pits”? And then you said “Do dogs have arm pits?” Yes, yes they do. Arm and leg pits and spending time in your nose buried in a dogs pits is so much better then having your nose buried in a book you’ve been waiting for to arrive for months. Of Course it is. Not.

Every summer Dogger gets prickly heat and every summer she waits until right before I am to leave on vacation so that I have no choice but to take her to the vet and spend many dollars on a quick cure for her so we can go on vacation and not be all itchy and red. Well. This year she is not going on vacation, and she miss timed her prickly heat so that I actually have time to treat it myself and I don’t have to go give the vet money. Instead I spent money at the grocery store and stocked up on new quasi medicated anti itch doggy shampoo, new anti itch goo, benadryl and a package of fabulously convenient, bite sized soft cheese in which to hide the benadryl. Total cost? $28, the last time she got this way I had to take her to the vet and they charged me a small fortune for benadryl and quasi medicated anti- itch shampoo. I’m not feeling spending the big bucks for that shite. I don’t have to and I’m not going to and I didn’t.

Dogger is going to have to deal with multiple anti- itch quasi medicated shampoo baths a week though and I’m sure she is just going to love that and of course, I also get to deal with multiple anti- itch quasi medicated dog baths along with her. I will love it about as much as she will. She is all ready loving getting her various pits swabbed with anti-itch creams and gels not to mention hydrogen peroxide. I even got her a roll on baby powder gizmo to keep her from chaffing. I’m sure she appreciates it, but the benadryl keeps her from being too appreciative about it because it makes her unconscious – while I appreciate the hell out of that, she may want to be awake more – too bad for her, I’m bigger and she will eat anything. I’m hoping that by the time I leave this weekend that the prickly heat will have subsided and she can go to Broskey and Alphagals drug free or at least potion and gel and peroxide free. I can’t imagine that they would have a problem keeping Dogger stoned while she is with them. An unconscious house guest is a good house guest.

Back to my Harry Potter angst. I wrote down the phone number on the slip the mailass left and called it this morning. It did not get me my local post office. It got my some post office question and answer clearing house. I really wanted to bitch at someone who had something to do with my delivery directly. In stead I got Operator 6 who didn’t really care. I bitched at her though and it made me marginally happy. I also submitted a complaint about my mail service that will probably end up with my mail getting delivered to the nearest circular file and my magazines being rerouted through Siberia - Oh, and even though the little note on my door said something about my book being delivered in what I thought meant “Monday”? Really means “Tuesday”. I leave the note out; my mailass sees the note and makes a note of my note and brings my parcel the next business day. If I wanted to wait for my book days after it was released, I would have bought at the airport before I left. I bought it from Amazon because they guaranteed delivery the day it came out and that is when I wanted it– not whenever my mailass got around to bringing it. Gawd.

No comments: