Thursday, August 11, 2005

A really cute hole in my head


Is it the end of the week all ready? Thursday?.

I have so much stuff around the house I should be doing. There is sweeping and vacuuming to be done, laundry to be taking care of and the lawn still needs mowing. I would have mowed it Tuesday but it looked like rain and Dogger was having such a good time eating her new toy on the living room floor and House Hunters was on and some how the lawn didn’t get mowed. Dogger didn’t get a walk either but if it was too looked to rainy to do the lawn it was much too rainy looking to walk the dog. I did take her to the corner burger place so I could get a milk shake. She got a walk, kind of. We were outside and she was on a leash.

Speaking of dogs. Remember The Dog That Is Not Mine? While I was gone for vacation, he was up to his old tricks and there was no me there run him down and put him back in his yard. Thankfully, the dog catcher found him before a car did. His family doesn’t know how to get him back and maybe its better that he is somewhere safe. I really hope he ends up with a family and not God Forbid put down.

I just checked the county animal shelter site and Mike is not there. This dog is. I want her! I need a second dog like I need a hole in the head but, gee, where was she oh, three years ago when I really would have left work in the middle of the day to take her home with me. She wasn’t even alive yet, but , damn! .

Going to the site and looking around it does bother me that Mike is not there. I don’t know how long ago he escaped or if he ever ended up at the shelter. The little girl at the house told me the dog catcher got him, but I don’t think she is really the best reporter. It makes me kick myself that I never went and got Mike’s picture. I was going to but then he seemed okay and they wanted to keep him and I thought… well anyway. I am going to the shelter after work to see that weim and I can ask them about Mike then. He might have been there weeks ago and all ready got adopted. He did wear a collar though so it would be clear he had people some where. He had no tags as far as I can remember so maybe not. Poor Mike.

The little girl told me that she was going to get a puppy for her birthday or her Daddy was going to bring her one. I just hope they work harder to keep the next puppy in the yard.

I think Nephdog needs a new room mate. I think Nephdog would love a little 40 lb friend to share his space with. Dogger does not need a room mate and Gawd knows I couldn’t deal with another pet. I really do not need the 126 lb Great Dane with heatworms I saw there either. I’m just going to keep repeating that to myself over and over and over.

No comments: