Friday, August 26, 2005

Tailor Made


Well. So, that’s what going to a tailor is like. Hmmmmm. As I was standing there waiting I noticed that the Tailor unlike say, my office does not subscribe to the adage “Your crises is not a reason to panic on my part. If you knew needed this now you should have requested it earlier”, the woman ahead of me casually said she would be back Friday afternoon and she fully expects her pants to be hemmed by then”. I asked them when it would be done. I didn’t tell themwhen it would be done. They can fix the tear in my winter coat but fixing the zipper for the liner on my rain coat might present more of a challenge. So.

Tailors Maid – We don’t carry this zipper. You go buy at store.
Me – What?
Tailors’ Maid – You go to Joann’s and buy it. We no carry. It costs too much.
Me – I brought it to you because I’m don't want to make a trip to Joannes! I'm going to pay you to do that.
Tailors’ Maid – I call Boss and ask.


She turned around and called the boss and then reported back that there was no answer.

Tailors’ Maid – I go ask sewer.
Me – Do that.


She comes back

Tailors Maid – She said $28.
Me – To fix it?
Tailors Maid – We no carry zipper.
Me – So, how much for the zipper from Joann’s and the labor?
Tailors’ Maid – The boss call you.


They have to fix it. It’s a nice coat and it’s supposed to go on indefinitely. I don’t think something as minor as bad lining zipper needs to be cause for alarm. Now I know I absolutely should have bought that fabulous black trench I saw at the Junior League store last spring, even though I all ready had a fabulous trench at home. Grrrr

The winter coat can come off the injured reserve as soon as next Wednesday and I could have it sooner but I don’t need it and told them not to sweat it. The rain coat is an issue though. I mean if it is going to run enormous dollars to get it fixed, I saw one online the other day and it was great and on sale, I wonder... or I could a couple of days ago, Damn it! I want the internets all to myself.

I did have some joy this week though. I got a card from my great aunt and she sent me a check. Yay! Now I can replace the cordless in the kitchen and I can afford to get a snazzy off white model that will match the color scheme in there and not pretend to be a remote when it is away from its charger.

I’m going to cash that check and by this weekend I will be happily cruising the Target to find a nice off white phone. Hopefully, I will be able to score one and then I will have a nice new phone and a “designer” look for my kitchen – isn’t that all it takes? All the appliances and whatnot all one color? Or at least not having the phone look like a huge cock roach perched on the wall? ‘Cause ya know, there is Divine Design and there is Design on a Dime. The next big design change for the kitchen is going to be new tile squares for the floor. I think it would be easier to put nice new, clean tile squares down then trying to get the old floor to look clean. Sad but true.

No comments: