Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Baby, its (going to be) cold inside

The three-quarters of Americans who use natural gas to heat their homes could see even greater sticker shock when they get their fuel bills, the agency warned. It sees the cost to heat by gas rising 47.6 percent in the case of typical weather to $1,096, and by more than two-thirds to $1,242 in case of colder-than-expected weather. Even a warmer-than-expected winter will see natural gas heating bills rise 29.8 percent to $964, according to forecasts.

I use electricity to warm my house, but it looks like the days of a nice hot shower are over. This year, while I am cursing my Heat Pump for not working as it could - I can be warm or I can pay my mortgage, I can not do both. I can thank Mr. Heat Pump for at least not being run off natural gas.


from CNN.com

No comments: