Thursday, October 20, 2005

Everything Looks Better In The Dark

Well that was anti-climactic. It turned out that yesterday was only a Wednesday and not anything special. Damn it.

So since the prosecutor cut me a break and is freeing me from holding a vigil in front of my computer for another evening, I am going to be able to hopefully get a lot done. I need to pick up more pred for Kitty, allowing of course that the vet’s office gets it together and gives me a new scrip ( I ended up waiting for 75 minutes!) Okay, pred for Kitty, then I have to go to the hopefully, Dollar Store and pick up more triple antibiotic and anti-itch stuff for Dogger (didn't make it) then I need to go to Kroger and buy their el cheapo-ist brand of cat food because Kitty seems to tolerate it very well and it costs less then a quarter of the stuff I have to get from the vet runs me ($17 for 3lbs v. $5 for 15lbs) then I have to go get my pictures taken care of at Walgreen’s. Damn. Of course the vet, The Dollar Store, Kroger and Walgreen’s are not even kind of close to each other even a little. The vet and the dollar store are the furthest away and if push comes to shove I could do the dollar store shopping at Kroger but it would cost more but it would be less driving around and less time waste and that should count – but it doesn’t. Time is not deducted from my checking account and money is, so really … but you know, time is gas and gas is money and X amount of driving is calculable…and now my head hurts.

Then I still have to run around and make the house presentable for my Dad when he comes through town today (I am issueing him a blindfold instead). Whew. You know, I bet the Dogger could get as much exercise if I just take her with me in the car when I run the errands. She would look around a lot, stretch her neck a little… maybe every time I pull into a new parking lot I could walk her around it?


Last night instead of store hoping or vacuuming or cleaning the house I went back to the fair. I really wanted to see it at night and the fair is much better when you can’t see it as well. The lamest things look better when lit up, for example, The Worlds Smallest/Largest Fill In The Blank?



Is way more impressive at night, and the lame--o kiddy rides look substantially less lame with lit up like a Christmas tree.



Even the crowd seemed cooler at night
The girl yopu really can't make out in this picture?




had wings tattooed on her shoulder blades. They aren’t actually visible in the shot, but you know, it was cool. I think the crowd looks better after dark because the lack of teeth and abundance of mullets are slightly less obvious in the dark.

The midway is awesome at night.






No comments: