Thursday, October 13, 2005

Flats

I think I need to find new work shoes. I was traipsing around Lowes on Tuesday and I noticed that one shoe seemed to have developed a flat tire. It felt funny. I found somewhere to perch and I took my shoe off and looked at. I didn’t see anything that looked like a flat yet when I put the shoe back on and walk away, I could feel it.

So I’m walking around with a flat in my shoe. I feel a prounonced list. Very odd. I guess I should have replaced them the first time they doubled as slippers.

I was traipsing around Lowes in hopes of doing something about my Curb Appall list. I was shopping for grass seeds for the bald spots in the front – the back yard is going to take more grass seed then I can lift into Mini so that job remains checked off. Anyway. While I was there, I saw

This




In real life! Being all snow globey! I want one. I want one bad. They have a 4 foot version that would be right for my house too. They are adorable! See, you have to know that I am an inveterate snow globe collector.

Not even half of them



I have a lot. I have many. I have all the ones that should be yours but I got to them first and now they are mine. I even have half the holy snow globe grail, I have one of the two mythical Fargo snow globes! So far mythical Fargo snow globe number 2 is out of reach and costs more then the 8ft blow up snow globe, so to sooth my self, I need the air blown snow globe.

Sadly, everyone wants these! They sell out as soon as the stores get them and I doubt I’m going to find an orphan at Poverty Barn this year. I can’t find them anywhere they should be, and those places that should them, did have them but not any more. Wal-Mart for example? Does not have its Christmas display up yet! Shocking! I tell you. Lowes does and Wal-Mart doesn’t? This seems wrong. Lowes even had a special a/c running in the space with the plastic trees they had displayed to make it cold and Christmas-y feeling.

The 8 foot version is even more impressive but even I think it is a bit side show as well as costing too much which, sadly, is the real reason that I think it looks like it belongs in a side show.

I did find out why there are so many air blown – that is the official name of those blow up figures you see around, air blown figures on peoples front yards, they are for the most part, not that expensive. I saw a Snoopy and his Dog House one from A Charlie Brown Christmas and it was not that expensive. If you want a Santa and Sleigh it was like $49 – not all that pricey really.

Of course, the snow globe was very expensive. The 8ft runs $200+ while the 4 foot is closer to $99. If they would print a cause and effect thing on the box that would make the decision easier. You know, it costs X amount to keep this thing running 4 hours a night for a month verses the cost of running Lights, which would run you X amount for 4 hours a night for a month. They would sell me the 4 ft one if they could prove it was cheaper over the long haul.

No comments: