Monday, October 31, 2005

Happy Halloween !!!!



If Mondays were not scary enough on their own!

Here is a collection of sites with stories appropriate for the day. They range from the likes of Real Ghost Stories and Experiences and True Ghost Stories to actual li-ter-ature by Charles Dickens, Bram Stoker, Robert Louis Stevenson, Rudyard Kipling and Thomas Hardy at Victorian Ghost Stories. All guaranteed to make you think that dressing you’re the legs of your piano is not that bad an idea. The Victorians were a scary lot - scared and ashamed of everything these folks had a preternatural talent of scaring each other (and you) out of their bloomers.

It's too late now, but I suggest this book:Tales for the Midnight Hour for good all around scares. When I first read this book, oh, a long, long, long time ago when I was quite young, I found it so disturbing that I didn't allow it be shelved with my other books, lest I accidently run across it.

There is a story in the book about Stuffed Dog. It is natch, an evol stuffed dog. My grandmother had for many years a very ill tempered and nasty schnauzer, it finally died and a great rejoicing was heard through out the land. Anyway, we went to go see Grandma and the first thing I saw when I walked into her living room was the evol plaster model twin of the evol little dog! I completely lost my shit - the nasty beast was dead and the nasty beast was still there!!!. That kind of terror you can't buy for cash money. Happy Haloween!

Edited to add:

WASHINGTON, Oct. 30 - With the announcement of a new Supreme Court nominee expected as early as Monday, Senator Harry Reid of Nevada, the Democratic leader, warned President Bush on Sunday not to pick one of the candidates said to be on the president's short list, Judge Samuel A. Alito Jr.

"I think it would create a lot of problems," Mr. Reid said on "Late Edition" on CNN.


(yeah. right. Shrub cares what Harry Reid thinks about his SCOTUS choices. Duh.)

NYT

President Bush to nominate 3rd Circuit Appeals Court Judge Samuel Alito to replace
retiring Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor, sources tell CNN.


from CNN.com

No comments: