Thursday, October 27, 2005

I woke up with a cat on my head.

The time has come for another season of Camp Knotty Pine. I think it was November before I opened up Camp Knotty Pine for the season last year, but its looking like this year’s season is going to start earlier. I may even do the whole Summer/Winter wardrobe switch over this weekend as well.It will depend on how cold it is the next couple of mornings when I’m trying to get dressed. Shivering is so not my favorite way to greet the day - but to be honest, the whole switch over plan sounds awfully ambitious. I’m thinking if I end up trucking my alarm clock upstairs that I will be doing really well.

I knew it was getting Camp Knotty Pine Time when I woke up the last two day seeing eye to eye with The Kitty. I think he got this idea because since it has gotten cold. The first time I rolled over to be greeted with a face full of cat hair I thought “Awe! How cute!” the second time I thought “You know, this is mine, there are two of these, use the other one and when did you get too good to sleep at the foot of the bed?” I’ve heard other people talk about their cats sleeping on their heads when they get cold but Kitty had never done that in the past. Now? Two days in a row I wake up with a face full of cat hair.

To change the subject. When I started my little save money scheme a while ago. I got one very nice credit card bill as a reward that was then followed up by a not a all nice credit card bill that drove home the idea that along with not eating out everyday I also need to not shop EBay everyday either. Lesson learned. Another thing I learned that while I am saving cash by not eating a Happy Meal every day, I am also not getting as much iron in my diet - take that Super Size Me guy! I thought that a ham sandwich everyday as well as a steady diet of tuna sandwiches for dinner and a daily dose of One A Day would be getting me adequate iron in my diet. It turns out really, not so much. I went to give blood the other day and got turned back. I haven’t been turned away in months!

I think that whether you get judged adequate depends a lot on who you get for the finger stick. Some of them could care less what your iron level is and just vant to suck your blood, while others are all anal and by the book about the whole thing and they suck or actually, they don’t suck and it makes me question their dedication to the cause. I felt like telling anal Tech Ratchet that the last time I was in there my blood drop didn’t exactly sink like a stone either and the tech who worked on me let me donate. To be honest, the last time it didn’t really sink like anything at all. It kind of floated in whatever solution they put it in before it finally got bored or drowned or whatever happens to them and it finally started down. I looked at its non-progress and was all ready to grab my stuff and head out and then the tech handed me the folder and told me to take a seat. I said “It didn’t really sink” and she said “it did, it just took a second”. I like that girl.

Technician Ratchet really bummed me out.

No comments: