Monday, October 10, 2005

Learning Experiences


While I was going through Doggers pockets over the weekend, What? It was raining! What do you do when you’re stuck inside all day? If you say “I launder the slip covers and the duvet and vacuum the indoor/outdoor carpets in the entry way, then I’ll put the all the garbage cans in the house into the shower and give them a thorough cleaning and then while those are soaking in Mr. Clean, I’ll re-organize my linen closet”, you suck and need a life. I won’t get to “ showering my garbage cans” until there is a power outage and then, it would have to last at least two days before I would tackle that level of domestic usefulness.

Anyway. I found Doggers journal. I had no idea she kept one. If I had known I would have set her up on Blogger years ago although I’m afraid she’s more of a Live Journal kind of girl.

WOW! What an exciting day! Mama took me in the minivan and we drove around! It was so great! I got to look out the windows and see stuff and Mama even taught me some new works about "One Way Streets" and I learned that One Way Streets are the work of the devil and if I ever see one, I’ll protect Mama from it because I’m not afraid of One Way Streets!...

While she decided that she does not share my fear of One Way Streets, she is afraid of:

Over Head Cables
Jet Trails
Long Hanging Tree Branches
Really Tall Trees
Clouds
Dry Cleaning Bags
Children’s Bikes
Busses
Semis
Low Flying Planes
Helicopters
Umbrellas
Motorcycle Engines

and now, Choppers. Not even Choppers with their engines running. Parked Choppers.

Mama took me to a scarey place! We were just taking a walk and it was fun! We saw people! And there were smells! and it wasn’t hot! It was fun! And then Mama made me go down this way and there was this really, really big scary truck! And it was standing there looking at me and I didn’t want to walk past it where it could bite me and Mama kept pulling me and I wouldn’t go and Mama made me go and I was scared! Then we went down another way and we saw the scariest thing yet! Big things with wheels! Not like a scary big metal shiney smelling not dog beast, an even bigger metal not dog beast! Lots and Lots of them! Everywhere I looked there were more fo them waiting to bite me! And I was scared! And I didn’t want to go! And Mama tried to make me! But I didn’t let her! I wouldn’t go! I lay down and stayed there and even Mama couldn’t make me go past them. Mama even gave me a cookie but I wouldn’t eat it!

There was a Chopper Festival downtown. It was kewl. I’ve watched a lot of American Chopper but I haven’t seen many close up and I really wanted to see some and this was as good an opportunity as was going to present itself. I brought Dogger with me because I thing its good to expose her to new things. Usually, it works out well.

I hardly got to see any of the bikes and none up close. Dogger was throwing fits every four feet and I had to finally take her back to the van and we went home. I should mention it was also raining off and on - or I would have walked there, but Dogger likes walking in the rain about as well as she turned out to like Choppers. Even really pretty Choppers with cool paint jobs and neat-o keen wheels. I saw one with a cloud motif and it was gorgeous. I would have loved to look at it more closely but Dogger was not co-operating.

Saturday after the Chopper debacle and before we went to Broskey and Alphagals to watch Texas beat the shit out of OU., we caught the tail end of the St. Augustine’s Home Coming Parade. Dogger added another item to her list:

Marching Bands.

No comments: