Thursday, October 6, 2005

Up All Night

I finally caught up with The Kitty this morning at about 3:20am, and had a chat.

Me – Do you know what time it is? (I’m exhausted and with out my glasses. I could be speaking to a stray pair of my shoes)

Kitty – Time for something completely different? (Bingo!)

Me – You could say that.

Kitty – It’s time to get down, its time to party!

Me – No. Not so much.

(Kitty's kittysenses pick up something may be amis Come Here!)

Kitty – ( from under coffee table) It’s time for all good men to come to the aid of their country.

Me – In a matter of speaking.

(It was hard to get and keep Kitty’s attention, he had emerged from under the coffee table and was now trying to teach his toy to line dance.)

Me – No, really. Do you have any clue as to what time of day it is?

Kitty – Time to get down, time to par-

Me – No! It is not time to party! It is time to be lying down, it’s time to sleep.

Kitty – No fooling around?

Me – Exactly. No more fooling around. It’s quiet time.

Kitty – The bar is closed? I don’t have to go home but I can’t stay here?

Me – You are paying attention! Yes, it is closing time. Time for bed and you do have to stay here.

Kitty – I could be dancing, dancing, dancing!

Me – No, and I tell you what, no more AOR for you either. Disco is dead and you will be too, if you keep me up any longer.

Kitty – I could have danced all night, I could have danced all night…..

Me – I’m going to lock you in the bathroom.

Kitty – Feed me?

Me – Nope. There is food all ready there.

Kitty – It’s not my fault! It’s the full moon! It’s making me craaaaaazzzy!

Me – Beeeeeeep! It is not a full moon. I should be so lucky. It isn’t even close. It’s a newish moon.

Kitty – I’m scared of the dark!

Me – You’re going to be scared of the dark in the basement if you don’t straighten out.

Kitty – I’m protecting the house from intruders. There is nothing that says “This house is occupied like the sound of, well, sound.

Me – The alarm is protecting the house from intruders. There is nothing like the sound of sound to keep me awake.

Kitty – I am ever vigilant!

Me – Yes, so much so that you are protecting me from the hazards of 8 hours of contiguous sleep!

Kitty - I’m a drug addict. I need help! Ack! There are bugs under my fur! Spiders! Spiders falling from the ceiling! OMG the floor is eating my feet!

Me – Do you know what happens to people with sudden drug problems? They get thrown into the...

Kitty – Ew. The Shower. No. Suddenly, I’m all better.

Me – No. I think time in the shower would help you. I do dread the part where I have to drag your drug addicted self all over the house pouring coffee down your throat.

Kitty –Ew. Very Special Episode.

Kitty – Yeah. Very TV sitcom cliché.

Me – And not in a fun “aren’t we so smart meta commenting on this irony based way” either.

Kitty – Commenting on commenting on commenting. Zzzzzzzzzz.

Me – Good.

No comments: