Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Fallllinnnngggg

That Dogger she is just such a sweet dog. Kind of.

I drove back home Sunday afternoon. I had a good trip and the ride back was faster than I had expected. I approached the house and drove up the drive way, turned off the car and let myself in, and left the animals in the car so I could unarm the house alarm with out trying to do this with Dogger in one hand and Kitty in the other. So far so good. Since I was all ready in the house I called my parents Dad to assure him I was not eaten by monsters or kidnapped my terrorists or dead in a ditch somewhere along the way. I was inside for a total of about five minutes, tops, if that.

I go back out to the car to free the animals. Dogger won the toss and I got her out first, I noticed a wet spot on the sheet I use to protect the car seat from excess dogger fur. Dogger peed in my car! Dogger has never done this before! She doesn’t do things like that. She’s a good little traveler. I was shocked. Instead of freaking out on her - my go to response for things like that, I took a deep breath and put her in the yard to finish what she had started and maybe think about what she had done – because she totally felt bad about it and was just to embarrassed to ask me to stop somewhere along the way home so she could releave herself. Not. I think she did it to punish me for something – probably for making her go home in the first place.

She had a great weekend. She took a break from her death from above act and ran and played and had a great time at the beach. She had not been enjoying herself outside up until then. She lives in fear of something in the sky coming to get her. I don’t know if she got hit on the head with an errant acorn, the big giant tree gesisons those little buggers like missles this time of year, when they hit the car port it sounds like fire crackers ngoing off - or if maybe a bird dive bombed her somewhere along the way but she can be down right panicky when outside. She's been fine at home lately, kind of, as long as she studiously avoids all over hanging tree limbs, fall leaves, power lines and jet trails she's fine. Down where my parents are she is on Defcon 4 all the time where she is safely out of the range over hanging tree branches, fall leaves, and power lines she's still haunted by the evil jet trails. So the really good beach trip was a real treat and a surprise for everyone involved.

Speaking of leaves. Dogger didn’t get a chance to freak out yesterday because as I was driving up to the house after work, I spied my elderly next door neighbor out rakeing his leaves. ENDN doesn’t have any trees in his yard. ENDNs ENDN doesn’t have any trees in his yard ether. The poor man was raking up my leaves in his yard. This made me feel about thisbig. I had to do something about this right now...

So instead of a walk, Dogger got to spend quality time in the back yard while I hurriedly changed clothes and raked the front yard before it got dark.

My rake rawks, yo. I don’t know where it came from or who got it for me but it is the best rake evah. I was able to get up just about everything and it only took twenty minutes. I didn’t end up with a sore back or blisters. I didn’t get all the leaves up as I still have some hope that the grass seed I put down may be viable and I didn’t want to rake the leaves that cover what seed is still there, so some leaves got spared. The tree is still full of leaves, so this emergency raking won’t be the last, but hopefully, I will get on it before my neighbors have yards full of my leaves again. It was really embarrassing.

edited to add- I reraked my leaves Tuesday when I came home from work. I see me doing this until my tree drops the rest of its leaves. It's still very leafy.

No comments: