Monday, November 14, 2005

Forgetfool

Kitty is making me crazy. He had a lovely weekend with Mini Kitty and the chance to eat really good cat food that makes him sick instead of the ashes and wood pulp at home that keeps him healthy - so of course his lower GI issues are back with a vengeance and he now he does not want his wood pulp and ashes kibble any more. Yippie. I can’t believe I left his food at home! Doggers food? In the car the day before. Dogger who can eat anything, her food I take time out to make sure I have - Kitty who can eat one brand of cat food in all the world? that food I leave in the kitchen. Brilliant.

Kitty is saying he’s hungry. I say, I have food for you in the kitchen. Go eat it. Kitty still sitting by telling me how hungry he is. I go to the kitchen and drop him in front of his full bowl and go back to my magazine. Kitty is back and is now licking a stray photo. I take it away an and he tells me again that he is hungry. I put my magazine down again and take him back to his food bowl again, I hold the bowl up in front of him and stir the kibble. I take some into my fingers and feed it to him. He sniffs and begins to eat. I go back to my reading. Kitty comes back again. This time I throw him and his baby upstairs. I do not know what his problems are but I have things to do - I got both an Entertainment Weekly and a Movie Line and I have two hours of SNL in the 80s to watch later. I have a full evening planed. I have to set my priorities.

I was reading one of my forums and I decided to drop by and read the SNL topic. The posters hate it, uniformly, week in and week out. They think it has sucked for years and yet they can’t stop watching and bitching about "it was so much better back then...!!!". Oh Shut Up! When was it "So Much Better" It has been on the air for 35 years!! Pick a time frame. It has good years and bad years and some casts are better than others and some years there are stand outs like Eddie Murphy or Michael Myers and some years the whole cast is just one big Brad Gray . Deal. With. It.

I really like SNL. I am a fan. I always like it. I don’t know why I read the forums, I always end up pissed off. Anyway, those pretend fans can’t wait for the 80s special. They are going to be surprised if they are thinking it was better then than it is now (because in their world view the show always sucks now and was always awesome "back then") The 80s were not kind to SNL. It wasn’t pretty - I remember, because I stayed up late to watch and for the most part the biggest draw were the really, really long commercials and I don’t mean the parodies. I don’t know if those fair weather fans are only looking forward to it as a new way to snark on the show or if they are just too young to know how bad it was. Whatever with them. I’m watching to see Billy Crystal and Eddie Murphy back when they were still funny and to remind myself that a bad week with Horatio Sanz cracking himself up is still better than Gary Krueger cracking no one up.

No comments: