Friday, November 18, 2005

TGIF

Do you realize that Thanksgiving is next week?

I mean it was just Halloween and all of a sudden its Thanksgiving all ready. I’m going to have to do something about the house. It’s not holiday ready, it’s not even door to door salesman ready. I also decided the other day, just to add to my angst that it is also Christmas Dog Cookie Time!! Because you can never have too many holiday projects to not have started yet, so far I have hit the dollar store for some tins for the future cookies, but if I don’t get on the stick and start on the cookies it will all be for not and I will be stuck with guilt inducing cookie tins for the next year and I want to avoid that.

I’ve really started to slack dog cookie wise. I started to buy OTC dog biscuits and as it turns out, Dogger will eat those too. I was kind of hoping that after glomming down all those home made dog cookies over the past year, she had totally spoiled her palette for store bought but apparently not – she’s a bigger fan of hooves and food coloring then I thought she was.

If I am good this weekend I’ll first clean the kitchen and then make my first batch of holiday cookies for the people on my dog cookie list. But right now that just sounds like so much work, I’m so tired. All I really want to do after work is go home and fall into bed – not that that is going to happen. I have too much to do after work to just come home and go to bed, I blame The Kitty for this, for two nights in a row he has woken me up before 4am to ask for food and I have (obediently) gotten up to feed him. This is great for him and I’m sure it sends some pet welfare group somewhere into paroxysms of joy - but I would like to be able to sleep through the night. I don’t think he takes into account that I have to go to work in the morning.

Even after I get finished with my post work chores, I still won’t be able to nap because there are only so many hours I can sleep in a given 24 hour period and I would prefer for those hours to not run out at 3am. I wonder if this fatigue isn’t late effects of my flu shot. I felt fine after I got it but maybe it just now caught up with me.

There was good news when I came home Wednesday. All the leaves I had piled up on the curb had been taken away. I just now put them there; usually my leaves stay there until they kill the grass underneath them. Imagine my surprise when they only stayed there over night. The yard is of course, again, all ready covered with leaves but these are different leaves then the last leaves and hopefully I can stay on top of these laves before the yard reaches maximum density and the leaves begin to slide over into the neighbors.

I killed six wasps yesterday. I haven’t seen that many in a while. Four of them were on the window waiting for me to come home and the other two had gone on tour and needed to be tracked down and I am now doing the course work needed to become an OWBH (Official Wasp Bounty Hunter). If I play my cards right I should have a show on Discovery by the first of the year. It will be kind of a Worlds Worst Jobs meets Dog the Bounty Hunter idea – very high concept, maybe it can run after American Chopper. I think I'll call my show The Buzz Killer.

No comments: