Tuesday, November 1, 2005

Weather

Dayum. It’s November all ready. I was wondering why it was so cold and it must have been because it’s you know, it’s winter. Imagine my shock.

I’m all ready over the time change. Sunday night I had the dog out for her last pee of the evening, took a shower, had my outfit for Monday picked out and was getting ready to turn on the alarm for the night when I looked at the clock and it was like 7:45! . This getting dark thing is tired all ready – and the unnecessary light in the morning? A real turn off. I liked to early morning dark. It worked for me. The day didn’t wake up until about the same time I did, which is roughly when I arrive at the office. I liked that. It was my own little synchrony with the world at large.

Now, now its broad daylight at 7am. No one needs it to be daylight at 7am, the farmers have been dealing with it being dark at 7am for months now and if they haven’t gotten over it by now, they need to be medicated into overness. I think it’s time to stop this whole time change business and let me walk my dog in the evening in peace and daylight.

The whole time change thing is really going to mess with my daily schedule. I was really enjoying being able to sit down for a half an hour when I came home from work – after I had fed the dog, picked my clothes out for the following day , packed my next days lunch and emptied the cats box. Now I’m going to have to change clothes the minute I walk in the door and take Dogger for her walk. It’s going to totally mess with my timing. I liked having those things done ASAP, now I’m going to be all tired from the dog walking and quick change after work to be very excited about all the other things I need to get done after work. I’m also going to miss my craft show.

My expensive yet useless cable has a number of channels set aside for music, one is called “Sounds Of The Season”, the sounds for late October are screams. I’m looking for “Purple People Eater” and I get, screaming. How, um, festive.

I didn’t end up going to a Haunted House this year, again. I was going to but a read through of the weekly calendar of events the paper puts out was with out any listings and when I went on line I was almost but not quite as successful. I can live though, if I really want to go through a dark and potentially dangerous abandoned house, the neighborhood is full of them. I don’t need to have things that go bump in the night to be created for me. I can just stand in my front yard all night and trawl for wandering methfreaks. Scary .

I want something explained. How can it be 63 degrees inside my house and 70 outside? Sunday morning I got up to go get the paper and I put a coat on, it was cool inside it must be freezing outside was my thinking on it, I went outside and saw people in shorts. It is not right. My attic is warmer then my living room. I understand that heat rises, but its kind of ridiculous.

I got a notice from my power company telling me I was eligible for a program that would have me paying the same amount every month. That sounds nice until I noticed that some months I pay like $26 on the low end, to the one month out of the year I had a $216.00 bill – which I still can’t get my mind around – they said “You could pay only $80 a month year round!”, which seems like a lot considering that I pay $26 a month like 9 months of the year and maybe $65 twice a year and $216 one time a year. I think it’s a scam.

No comments: