Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Do Unto Others…

I had to go to the post office, I kind of snuck off from work, okay, I needed to go to the post office and so I went. Anyway. I got there and there was a line out the door.

It was 1:30 in the afternoon! It isn’t like I stupidly toddled over there during the lunch hour or after work. I’m not insane, but 1:30 pm? It’s the middle of the afternoon for Pete's sake! Don’t these people have jobs? Who were all these people and why weren’t they at work were they’re supposed to be? I dug a tunnel under the fence and nipped out for a quick mail but gee, did everyone have the same idea that I did? I had no idea I was such an aviator. Vogue should really pay more attention to my comings and goings.

I got to the post office and saw the lines before I was even inside the building and I was about to turn around and run back to work with my tail between my legs and pretend I never left in the first place - when I thought about the do it yourself stamp machine in the lobby.

Insert Hosannas here

The do it yourself stamp machine does so much more then just allow you to avoid the lines and put stamps on your credit card! The DIYSM also allows you avoid the lines to weigh and ship packages on your credit card as well! I didn’t have to stand in one of the out the door lines! I didn’t stand in any line! I just put the package on the scale and punched buttons. It was fabulous. And even better? There was a handy dandy postal employee standing over my shoulder to read the directions to me and tell me what to do! It was so easy. I totally suggest that as an option if there is one at your post office – even with out the handy dandy postal employee to read the directions to you - I just want to know where that machine was when I spent twice the cost to mail the exact same thing at a U Mail It! over the weekend. Those assholes have a real nerve – convenience is going to cost extra but it should not cost at twice the market rate. It’s not right, and that package I mailed over the weekend from the U Mail It! isn’t even going to arrive until after the package I mailed today! and they are going to the same town! I wish I had skipped the U Mail it! all together. What they charged was just wrong, wrong, wrong.

Blah, Blah “Paying for convenience” is bull shit, but now I know where all those sellers on Ebay who want $10 more then the going rate for shipping to ship a $2 item come up with their astronomical shipping amounts. Assholes.

Deep Cleansing breathes.

If you see any sticky places on this, we had our departmental Holiday Luncheon just minutes ago and I am up to my chin in sweet, sticky home made desserty goodness. There are two whole tables of them out there in the hallway for us to graze on and I am getting in touch with my inner Ungulate. There are acres of cakes and pies and brownies out there in the hallway unprotected and unsupervised! And the desserts are such little whores! They will just leave with anyone! It’s shocking! This is totally the life. I am going to sacrifice and help out by taking some of them home with me, for their protection, of course. I mean, we have some folks here that so do not need to be around that kind of food… So it’s really a public service that I would be doing for those poor people with really poor self control skills… I might have to take some of the left over friend chicken too; I mean just to protect those other people out of the kindness of my heart…

No comments: