Tuesday, December 6, 2005

Happy Happy Joy Joy

There is some rumor that Old Man Winter might be fixin’ to come by and see my little part of the world, or the forecasted “winter mix” might just stop short of here or we should anticipate Armageddon.

Thinking positively, a light wintery mix will make my outdoor decorations look nice so I am voting for that. It’s all about my Christmas decorations. I have an adorable penguin outside my front door and if he could have light covering of something white? And the pretty reflection of the lights on the pretty snow? that would be adorable.

It can’t do this, as adorable as it could make my penguin until after I go back to Sam’s and pick up my film and fill my tank and it should also wait until after I hit the Kroger and get more soda and bread for my lunch, or I could do that when I pick up my film… the weather Gawds can unleash do whatever they want to after I do my shopping. The world does revolve around me, thank you for noticing.

My lunch hour was spent at Sam’s. I had my film to drop off and I took a request off the Church Wish Tree and I decided that Sam’s would be a good place to take care of that. I was glad on Sunday that they had attendants at the tree because it gave me someone to ask about the request

Me – It says Men’s Pants. What kind of pants? There are many kinds. (slipping into severer over thinking mode)

Volunteer – Jeans or Khakis.

Me – Okay. (but what kind? Jeans or Khakis? I need more information!)

There are so many different kinds of men’s pants out there, they could have been more specific on the tag. Now I’m going to have to wonder if the man wanted work pants or winter weight pants or pants to wear to an interview… He is getting jeans. I hope they are close enough to what he was asking for.

I wouldn’t be going back to Sam’s Club after work except for that it is, has been and will be raining or snowing (depending on who you go to for your weather forcasting needs) for the next period of time and I am not in a hurry to go home and slog through the rain and wet and cold with Dogger – no matter how much she needs to be outside. I have no compunction to be out there with her. She can go toity very well out there with out me standing by to cheer her on. Dancing attendance in the freezing drizzel while a dog relives itself is not exactly part of the romantic ideal I imagined when I imagined pet ownership but it is part of pet ownership, it is just not the warm fuzzy puppy part that is in all the pamphlets.

So now after work I have to go back there and get my film and maybe the bread for my sandwiches unless it’s too crowded and the lines are a bitch – it is a Sam’s Club so the lines are going to be a bitch – but it’s kind of the level of bitchiness that is the question.

Will the lines be at Bitch From Hell status, imagine the lines at the grocery store between 5-6:30 pm on a week day or This is a Bitch status, imagine lines at Wal-Mart on Saturday afternoon when they have on 5 out of 23 lines open or even full on Son Of A Bitch! This was a bad idea!The Return line at Best Buy the day after Christmas. I wouldn’t go at all except I really want my pictures and I need the bread and I am out of soda and it really depresses me if I end up going to Kroger more then twice a week. I mean, going to Sam’s Club twice in a day is pretty sad, but looking at my check register and seeing Kroger after Kroger after Kroger listed is sad too.

No comments: