Thursday, December 22, 2005

Hostile to Hostels

The Last day before Christmas vacation! Woo-Hoo!

Sadly, my boss has selfishly remained in the building forcing others and myself to work the entire week before Christmas! , I mean the nerve.

Everyone should feel comfortable the week before Christmas taking two hour lunches and spending the rest of the day updating our Amazon Wish Lists. It is not right. I’ve even gotten work done, nasty tasks that I thought I would come up to the office on some unspecified rainy Saturday at some point in the future to take care of – but at least this way I got paid for the nasty task doing but it was time spent with nasty tasks that I could have gotten paid for online shopping or rearranging my Happy Meal™ toys – you know, important stuff.

Speaking of working on company time. We now have a brand new cat enclosure for our resident feral cats. It has a cat door and a shingled roof and it is nicer a slightly larger than a lot of the houses I looked at when I was house hunting. It is certainly more structurally sound that my last apartment. The cats won’t go near it, no matter how cat friendly it is. I think they are turned off by the cat flap. These are hard core out door cats and they don’t know from doors, despite the fact that on this campus there are a number of cat shelters scattered around and while animals do use them I have never seen any evidence that the animals using the cat shelters are actually cats, of course the campus possums, foxes, raccoons, rats and stray dogs love them. The little house is very cute though, I don’t think it was on purpose but the pitch of the cat enclosures roof is the same as the pitch of the roof as the roof on the office building but it just looks adorable.

I want you to notice how careful I am to refer to the cat enclosure repeatedly as a “cat enclosure” and not as a “cat house”. Its not that I am not that big of a hit whore, and wouldn’t go there, well, kind of. But still it wouldn’t be prudent to have a “cat enclosure” on state property under any other name. It’s all about the nomenclature.

Besides, isn’t Cat House kind of out of date? Do they still call brothels, Cat Houses anymore? Do they still call brothels brothels? Isn’t there some new hip hop new millennium name for houses of ill repute? I think if there isn’t I would like for their new official name to be : Paris Hiltons.

And the hit whoring just keeps coming.

This will be the last regularly scheduled daily entry until after Christmas. I will however be Cat Blogging on Friday and checking in now and then if I find something worth linking to, so keep checking back, repeatedly

Oh, and more hit whoring, shifting from whore houses to whores, what do ya’ll think of Jack Abramoff? Do you think he’s going to go all witness for the prosecution, He-Who-Makes-The-First-Plea-Makes-The-First-Deal-Makes-The-Only-Deal-Everyone-Else-Goes-To-Jail Law and Order style "charges reduced for cooperation" on his RNC running buddies, or do you think he’ll keep his mouth shut and go silently to serve his time like Martha? I say Jack Abramoff is a small fish with a big mouth. He will not be willing do his time alone.

No comments: