Friday, December 2, 2005

TGI Friday

Friday! Yay.

If you want something to make you look busy, go here and stare for 15 minutes intervals and watch the baby panda. Or they claim its’s the baby panda. It could be a cam in somebody’s closet too; I haven’t been able to make out any baby pandaness. It is the cam from the zoo but they could have a cam in a utility closet and people who coo over mop heads if no one told them that was what they were looking at … Baby panda mops are cute.

This weekend while I’m not watching the Pandacam – dial up sucks yo – I am going to be: Raking the yard, getting the tree out of the attic and into the living room, dealing with the outside light situation, shopping and generally decking the halls as well as starting this years dog cookie baking. I should be able to get everything done if I develop a meth habit and an extra pair of hands.

Dogger is on probation with her bed. She can behave herself while I’m in the house available to provided direct supervision, I mean that literally, I took a shower last night and I removed her bed from the room. She gave me a stink eye. She does all right with it over night so far, but I did find that she had moved the protective untasty blanket off and out of the way when I came in to get her up this morning. She hadn’t broken through the bed bag or the mattress cover yet but you could tell she had thought about it I took the bed out of her room before I left for the day. Dogger whipped out the stink eye when I did it but it’s her fault. She had that bed for months and never tried to eat it and now all of a sudden mattress stuffing is part of her food pyramid. I think Purina missed an opportunity here; mattress stuffing is the new beef. They should get on this.

Miss Dogger will not be sharing in the dog cookie extravaganza this weekend, those cookies are reserved for dogs that did not eat their beds. I can hear Dogger unpacking her stink eye as we speak but she did this to herself. Hmmph.

I’m still on the fence about decorating the trees this weekend. I haven’t seen any signs that anyone else is getting their decorations up yet and I don’t want to be the only house in the subdivision with a wreath up. I’m hoping this weekend everyone else will get on the ball too. I just don’t think I see myself actually putting the tree and the decorations up yet. I can see the tree standing in the window warming up and getting ready but I’m not excited about putting the bobbles on it.

This year there is a crimp in my tree placement too. The broken blinds are gone! Yay! Better visibility for the tree and less to catch on! Yay! but, The Kitty has discovered the wonder of the long hidden window sill and he likes it, a lot. He can jump up there and snark at the feral cats and see birds and watch the leaves fall – this is super but he all ready has his own window to see birds and watch leaves fall and he ignores it for the newer and more improveder window. It could get ugly. The last time he knocked over a tree he ended up air born. I’m hoping when he sees the tree go up he’ll get a flash back and spend Christmas hiding under the table.

Vote for Dogger here!

No comments: