Wednesday, December 7, 2005

Why do some Khristians hate the Baby Jesus

I go to midnight Mass on Christmas Eve - which counts as my Christmas obligation. Mass starts at roughly midnight and lasts until after 1am. It is Christmas Day and we are all at church, well, we the Catholics are at church, whether we go only twice a year or every week. It is Christmas regardless of what day it falls on - we go to Mass. I will complain if I have to go to Mass again the next day just because it's Sunday and I just went, but, on Christmas M-T-W-TH-F-SA-S we go to church.

Do Khristians not also have an obligation to go to church on Christmas? Do they solely mark the Birth of the Savior with children’s pageants and parties in the weeks prior? Does Bill O'Reilly know about this? Will he exhort his legion of FAUX viewers to go and hammer on the doors of their Megaplex Mega Churches and demand entry Christmas Day?

Adventus sums the whole thing up well.

No comments: