Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Blah

It is totally cloudy and it was no warmer at lunch then it was when I came in and it's foggy. In January. It is days like this that make me throw Dogger into the yard and tell her to run laps or I may just end up putting her into the van and driving her to the field and letting her run around there. Ideally, our walks do not include riding in the van as I think of it as being counter productive to the whole goal of exercise in the first place.

If I don't end up walking Dogger I still have things I could be doing to be active. Dogger, however does not get the calorie busting benefits of house cleaning -I suppose I could load her back pack with disinfectant and paper towels but sadly, I don't see her as being all that helpful.

The house really needs to be cleaned up. I did the putting away of the decorations but that just uncovered a whole layer of clutter that I had been disguising with the decorations. You know if you though some tinsel on a spider web, it really makes it almost seasonal and a dust hamster strung with lights is a very decorative object. I have this whole downstairs bedroom that I haven't been able to use since before the holidays and I'm pretty sure that I might need to investigate some of the more furry piles in there. I think the assorted dirty laundry, crumpled up Christmas paper and orphan pairs of sneakers may have joined forces and created another cat. I'm not sure.

The whole place needs a good going over but I'm just not feeling it. It has to get done and I should be spending my evenings doing it this week but Monday there was a really good House rerun and a new CSI Miami and that ended oddly. I think David Caruso smiled or something. It was off putting. I've been watching that show since it started and I wasn't aware that the Horatio Bot 2000 had that emotional capability. I didn't think he had emotions at all, so the whole smile thing creeped me out. I think he did this because the plot devise suffering from Love Story Cancer asked him out; until I saw this show I had no idea that aggressively treated breast cancer had as a side effect of treatment, lush flowing hair and a lovely complexion and a killer bod not to mention an awesome rack. In CSI Miami world, while cancer treatment doesn't make you at least temporarily go bald, you do become stupid.

H (as they call him on the show,"Horatio" has to many syllables) new girlfriend got busted buying felony weight grass from a guy in a park out in the open in broad daylight in full view of officers. Or maybe it just makes you think buying drugs from very stuiped drug dealer under stupid circumstances is a good idea? I guess the super new treatments let you keep your looks but fry your descion making skills. Sadly, with this chick, it may be permanent. The treatments also make you want to date the Horatio Bot 2000 . I will point out though in her defense, if you are going to get busted buying drugs in broad daylight in front of cops - it's a very good idea to first have a cop brother and your prospective boyfriend in charge of the police lab. Makes the charges and the jail time just vanish, much like your IQ.

Also this week standing in the way of my house cleaning, I'm pretty sure that Law and Order isn't a rerun, there is a new E.R plus a first run Monk! I mean all those shows to watch in the comfort of my nice warm blanket verses shoveling out a damp, ice cold room. Have I mentioned how much I hate being cold? and how much I like first run TV?

No comments: