Thursday, January 26, 2006

Jerks and Treats

Dogger broke her old toy record! It took her exactly one month to destroy her most recent Cong ( the cheap alternate to a real Kong ™ toy) I gave it to her Christmas Eve and I had to take it way from her on January 24th. I didn’t have to take it away I’m just not sure what the doctor recommended allowance of rubber is in large dogs, and I don’t want her to go over the limit on that. She is bouncy enough as it is.

So, Dogger and I are going to have to go to the store. I got lucky finding that Cong toy at Poverty Barn before Christmas and I don’t think I’ve seen any there recently, which probably means a trip to Wal-Mart and that is always a risky proposition. All those cheap things I didn’t know I needed before I saw them.

Or maybe I should just stay home and clean my kitchen. I should mop the floor as well, but my mop head is even filthier than my kitchen floor so I’m still going to have to go out and go to the store, but maybe I can limit my exposure to cheap things I didn’t know I wanted by sticking to Poverty Barn – where there is also vast quantities of things that I didn’t know I wanted, but they are even cheaper things I didn’t know I wanted.

Before Dogger and I go anywhere tonight, we are first going to walk to the post office so I can pick up a copy of the local Indy paper that I don’t read anymore. I only pick it up as back up reading should my morning paper not arrive – like it did again today! Well, it arrived it just arrived late, after I had all ready called and complained about it again. I am beginning to wonder how many days in a row I’m going to have to call and complain before anything is done about this? Since I called this morning, tomorrow morning is almost guaranteed to be on time, but that Friday is in question.

The good thing about the routineness of the paper being late is that I have had the chance to develop a different morning schedule to mesh with the increased free time not due to not being able to read my paper affords me... For instance, I have started a morning Pilates work out with The Kitty and taught Dogger to balance a cookie on her nose for up to an hour! You never know what you can get accomplished until you can’t get your daily dose of local and international outrage in.

Changing the subject. I was talking with my friend who’s Mother died last weekend, she is now sick with what ever her daughter was sick with last week and now she tells me her boyfriend of the last six months broke up with her on Monday. I told her I hope she burns that son of a bitch down for that. What kind of person breaks up with a mourner? How sleazy do you have to be to break up with a woman whose mother just died?

No comments: