Tuesday, January 31, 2006

The Oscar™ Nominations


I was going to write a nice non-Oscar ™ related entry for this morning and then I said “Why?”, I’m not going to be interested in hearing about other things and even if I do post an entry I’m just going to post the Nominations on top of it so why bother? I’m going to be up and around early haunting the various reporting sites anyway, why not just do a cut and paste job and give people what they are going to be looking for anyway. It’s not that I’m lazy; it’s that I am a hit whore. Deal With It.

I may also editorialize on the nominations; I haven’t made up my kind yet. I think it will depend on what the noms are for and if people I find irritating are nominated. For example, Reese Witherspoon. I like her but lately her Type Aness Little Mrs. Perfect rap has begun to wear on me, NotRiver Phoenix, I think he would prefer to go back under his rock and not have to spend the rest of his life as an Oscar™ winner. Also I wonder if doing an impression, even a good one, is the same as acting? Where is Rich Little's' Oscar(tm)? I wondered this last year as well and obviously Hollywood and I disagree. I think that creating an original character and making that character real is more worthy of being rewarded than simply aping behavior. I mean, not only is Hollywood out of ideas, they are ghouls waiting around for the next recording star to kick off so they can get their next movie made.

The 2005 Oscar Nominations are as follows :

What? they aren't going to be announced until when Eastern time? 5:30am PST is like 9:30am or so my time? Shiiiittte.'m going to have to come up with something to fill the time.

Did I tell you Dogger has a new bed? She does. She ate the last one and I wasn't going to get her a new one because she's a bed eater and I don't want to be an enabler, but then my parents stepped in a over the enabler job and now Dogger has a new bed. A bed that is supposed to be very hard for her to eat. We shall see., So far she is using it solely as a bed and not as a chew toy. If she eats this one I'm going to throw her in the hole for good. I just really don't think a Dog as old as Dogger needs to be still using a crib, er, crate. She should have aged out of that and into a proper dog bed.

So where are those nominations?

Still nothing


Hmm. What else. I'm going to use my new George Foreman for the first time this week. I'm very excited about that. Kind of. Okay, "very excited" may be over stating it a bit. I am "happy" about it - No still a little on the manic side when speaking about a counter top gizmo, how about "enthused". "I am enthused about using my new George Foreman grill". Still not great but better than "excited".

Did any one else watch CSI Miami last night? Hmm. Just me then, okay. I didn't say I like it, you know, I said I watch it, not I like it. It's always among the Top 20 in ratings, something that really makes me question my fellow Muricans, to be honest. Could it's success be part of the vast right wing conspiracy? is Jerry Bruckheimer a big GOP giver? I watch it because it's on - that can not be the sole reason that it is doing so well. Okay, I don't hate David Caruso, all that much, back in the day he was really, really good on NYPD Blue, he was an ass to the cast and crew but you couldn't beat his performance. On CSI Miami he plays the character as if drugged or emotionally disturbed. I want John Kelly back. Maybe Hortio Caine is the first openly autistic cop? (I fell asleep about 20 minutes in, what happened?)

Nominations out yet? Damn.

No comments: