Friday, January 20, 2006

TGIF

Aren’t ya glad?

I’m looking forward to see if EarthLink is going to continue to step in and take over for my alarm clock that I so selfishly turn off over the weekend. EarthLink bravely stepped up to be my wake up service last weekend. They knew that I was just going to sleep my morning away and no doubt fritter all my free time away lounging around doing nothing so they had the guts to call and wake me Saturday and Sunday at exactly 9:33am to ask if I was interested in high speed internet access for $29.99 per month. I would be if it was for more than 6 months and if they had not woken me from a sound sleep to try to sell it to me.

Saturday the call went like this:

RING
RING!

Me – Hello?

Them - Earthlink! Babble, Babble, Blah, Blah, Blah $29.99!! 6 months!!! Interested?

Me – Um.

Them - Blab, Blab, Talk, Talk, Talk!

Me - Wha?

Them – Babble, Babble, Blah, Blah Earthlink!!

Me – Whu?

Them – Is this not a good time for you? Should we call back a later time?

( it took her that long to realize that I might not be up to rattling off my credit card number)

Me – Yezzzzzzz.


Really, by that time I was awake for the day and not happy about it. I thought about that all day, but especially when I was trying in vain to find something on TV at 10am Saturday morning that wasn’t Paid Programming or Happy Gilmore.

Sunday at the exact same time.

RING

Me – Yes?

Them - Earthlink! Babble, Babble, Blah, Blah, Blah $29.99!! Interested?

Me – Do you know what day this is?

Them – Babble, Bla – Yes?

Me – You called me yesterday, at this very time.

Them - Yes?

Me – This is SUNDAY MORNING!

Them – is this not a good time? Should we call back?

Me – No! This is not a good time! This is Sunday morning! Why are you calling to bother me on Sunday morning? Don’t call me back!



I noticed this week that they sent me a flyer with the same spiel on it. What is not on the script is how much it costs after the six months. A lot. It costs a lot. I pay them more than I should now with my existing dial up service that I have had for years and predates EarthLink by three or four take over’s and mergers and name changes, and I am holding onto to it Damn it, because of my email addy is spread far and wide and I don’t want to think of having to deal with a new one and besides I am perfectly happy with dial up. I don’t need high speed access I am also still paying them because they are not AOL.

I shouldn’t be so precious about my email addy. I have three others I use with some frequency but I don’t feel the same way about them, they aren’t the same. I wonder what the Guinness World's Record for holding on to the same email addy is?


Why the Democrats need to grow a pair : Democrat apologizes to Rethuglicans for pointing out they are whores The rethuglicans would, never, never, never, never, never apologize , ever.

No comments: