Friday, January 13, 2006

TGIF

If you didn't all ready know, today is Friday the 13th. Take cover now.

I just noticed something. I left a comment on another site, people do that, leave comments, its thing. Anyway, I left a comment and when it posted; my picture was next to it. Like an icon. I didn’t know about that feature. I’m not sure I like it, it seems kind of looserish to have your head shot as an icon. I fixed it of course, I will now be known by my affinity for happy meal toys, which is also pretty looserish when I think about it but I think I’m just not going to think about it.

It just seemed weird. I didn’t know that. I mean, I even leave comments from time to time on other sites but I guess I haven’t left any on a blogspot site before or I haven’t run across anyone using blogspots' comments option. I don’t use blogspots’ comments option, why when there are so many others that are easier and less blogspotty in nature and why would they use that picture as an icon? couldn't the ask? And if so, why didn’t they make that clear? Whatever. I’m done with it, I’ve moved on.

What else.

I found out what Dogger would do if she didn’t get a walk. Dogger will run back in forth in the back yard until she has completely torn up the turf and rendered the land ready for planting. I just need to get my hands on a tractor and I’ll be on my way. Wait, seeds! I would need seeds before I needed a tractor and what is it that tractors do anyway? Dogger has done an exemplary job leaving furrows in the land and I’m pretty sure that is a tractor function, so maybe I don’t need a tractor. What would I plant? What would Dogger not destroy? What wants to live in the ground and be covered by dead leaves from the neighbors’ giant tree 11 months of the year? I mean, it’s not like I’m going to go out into my back yard to tend to the crop. I mean, really. Farming? me? I kill silk flower arrangements. I’m not going to be able to deal with a crop unless it’s a crop of whatever makes up the weeds in my front yard. I wonder if I could count the wind onions? I do have a way with wild onions but at the same time,I killed garlic. Do you know how hard it is to kill garlic?

You put the little garlic piece into the ground, you cover it up, you leave it there for months and then you dig it up. The less you do to your garlic then better. It likes being ignored. I gave mine the silent treatment and it died from hurt feelings.

I’m not a walking bottle of Weed B Gone, I did notice that the grass seed I put down in the front last fall has sprouted. I thought it died after we didn’t get any rain for all that time and I never bothered to water it myself and then I forgot about it. And then it got scabby. You really don’t want something that appears scabby in your front yard – but that could explain why the drug dealers clients sometimes come to my door, the drug dealer has a nice lawn… I mean my yard looked like it had picked up something on vacation that needed a shot to get rid of.

Have you ever heard of fairy rings? My yard had Fairy Scabs, or what happens to fairies leave behind after they don’t wash under their wings thoroughly enough or let fairies they don’t know very well try out their wings in the fairy bathrooms between classes or get drunk and share wings with fairies they just met but they think they know well enough all ready… You never can know anyone well enough to let them use your wings.

No comments: